If you're one of the millions of users that use Apple Podcasts, you may find the app not working at times.
Apple Podcasts is a great place to look for shows you may be interested in. And while some podcasts may charge you a subscription fee, using the Apple Podcasts app is free.
So what should you do if you find Apple Podcasts not working? Let's find out!
Why is Apple Podcasts not working?
Much like just about any app available today, there are plenty of possible causes for Apple Podcasts to just stop working.
But since identifying the root of your problems is the first step to fixing them, here are some of the more common causes behind the Apple Podcasts not working issue:
- Apple Podcasts is under maintenance
- Apple Podcasts is experiencing server issues
- You are affected by internet connectivity problems
We know how frustrating it can be when you're suddenly faced with errors after getting ready to just relax and listen to your favourite podcast, but don't lose your cool just yet. Because it's likely that one of these is causing Apple Podcasts to stop working, there are a few simple things you can try to fix it.
How to fix Apple Podcasts not working
Before you start messing around with your device and app settings in an attempt to fix Apple Podcasts, check to see if their servers are running normally. Apple has an official system status page where you can check which of its services are experiencing any problems.
If you are having trouble with Apple Podcasts despite it being listed as "Available" on the system status page, try the following:
- Check for updates: Using an outdated version of the app may affect how it performs, so make sure you're using the latest version.
- Clear the Apple Podcast app cache: Clearing the app's cache can get rid of any old or corrupted files that could be causing issues for Apple Podcasts.
- Check your internet connection: A slow connection could be the cause of a variety of different issues, so make sure everything is hooked up properly!
- Restart your device: Technology is a finicky thing, so sometimes a simple restart will get things back in order. It only takes a few seconds so it should be worth a try.
That should be enough to get you back into Apple Podcasts. If you're still having problems with the app after trying these fixes, you might want to try giving the Apple Support page a visit.