With many companies having their own online service, this means it is easier than ever to play multiplayer on many different games. But, unfortunately, it also means our chances of something going wrong with the connection are multiplied. Here's how to fix EA unable to connect error.
Electronic Arts' online service is quite well known to many gamers, especially those who like to take their sports games into multiplayer.
But if you're unable to enter the service, that means no multiplayer and - many times - not even being able to access your games. So let's look at how to fix EA.com connection issues.
How to fix EA unable to connect error
The first thing is obviously to check the server status, since if your regional server is down then there's nothing much to do except wait. If the issue is not on EA's side, then you might want to go ahead and restart your router (together with your PC and console).
If that still hasn't changed anything, you might want to do a reset of your network configurations. Follow these steps:
- Right-click the Windows icon and select PowerShell (or Terminal) in Administrator mode.
- In the window which will appear, type the following commands, followed by an ENTER:
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
- Restart your PC after you've finished.
These should hopefully fix any network issues on your side.
Fixing your firewall issues to access EA com
If you still haven't solved your connectivity issues, perhaps the Windows firewall is acting up and preventing your access to the online service. Follow these steps to try and fix it:
- In the Run/Search box, type "firewall.cpl" and press Enter;
- In the pop-up window, on the left select "turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off";
- Then choose to turn off Windows Defender Firewall, under both "Private network settings" and "Public network settings";
- Click OK to save.
If the change has worked, you might want to turn the firewall back on as soon as possible, as that means your PC is without any defence on the network.
If you're having issues with other EA games, check out our guides on NHL 23 won't install and NHL 23 not downloading.