Are you trying to find a fix for error code 106133? Like many other players trying to launch EA games on PC like Battlefield 2042 or EA FC 24, you may have found yourself the victim of this pesky error.
Error code 106133 refers to the service being able to launch your games, particularly if you're trying to access the EA App via Steam. The message says:
"UPSTREAM_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE","error_description":"UPSTREAM SERVICE UNAVAILABLE"
There is an official workaround to this problem. Although you might not like the solution. In any case, here's how to fix error code 106133 and access your EA games.
Error code 106133 - How to fix
According to an official response on the EA Answer HQ website, you'll have to launch Steam in offline mode first to get your games started, then switch to online to access the servers.
Switching between Steam Offline and Online modes:
- Switching Steam into 'Offline mode' > fully closing Steam (make sure that it's not running anymore) > opening Steam again and putting it back in 'Online mode'
Alternatively try the following solutions:
- Clearing the cache of the EA app: EA app Reovery (Top Left Menu > Help > App Recovery)
- Ensure that your EA and Steam accounts are linked: https://help.ea.com/help/pc/link-ea-and-steam/
- Repair/Verify your game based on which client you are launching from
- Steam - Verify in your library
If these solutions don't work for you, EA is continuously monitoring the situation to see if they can provide players with more information regarding how to properly fix error code 106133.
Of course, they're also actively finding a solution to avoid the error code to pop-up in the first place, although no timeline for a possible fix has been shared in any of their social channels.
And that's it! We hope this guide helps you deal with error code 106133 and get you back into your games, especially if you're looking to grind the latest content seeing in Battlefield 2042 and all those SBCs in EA FC 24.