Dead by Daylight Error Code 8012 stalks you like a Killer. Once it gets you, it's game over. While it doesn't happen as often as getting strung up in the game, when it does, players are left with the same feeling of disappointment and helplessness. But, as Beyoncé once said, you're a Survivor. And with our help, you'll be able to evade Error Code 8012, and get back to the important business of almost certainly being killed in a variety of imaginative ways. Here's what you need to know.
How to fix Dead by Daylight Error Code 8012
The nature of Error 8012 means that there are a variety of potential fixes for you to try:
- The first thing to do is check whether the game servers are online. You can do this here. Or you can follow them on Twitter for game updates. If the game servers are down, then you can sit, take a breath, and wait. Because nothing else will get it working, until the servers are back online.
- Assuming the servers are just fine though, the next thing to do is check your internet connection is working properly. Run through all the usual checks: test other apps, try other devices, and try using a wired connection in case your WiFi signal is inconsistent.
- Restart your device, and consider doing the same with your router as well.
- In case your local server is having a moment, try using a VPN. Or, if you're already using a VPN, try switching it off.
- And one final potential fix: try reinstall or repair Easy Anti-Cheat, as this can sometimes cause Error 8012 to manifest. To do this:
- Open the Dead by Daylight directory and open the EasyAntiCheat folder
- Open the file named EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe. If you experience difficulties with this, try running it as an administrator
- Go through the steps of repairing or reinstalling Easy Anti-Cheat, and restart your computer
If all else fails, you can try contacting the DBD Support team by clicking this link.
What causes Error 8012 in DBD?
Dead by Daylight Error Code 8012 is predominantly caused by problems with the server. Hence the recommendation to check the server status before doing anything else. As frustrating as this is, it usually means you will need to wait for the game developer to fix things, before you can resume playing.
Occasionally though, the error can appear as a result of a problem with your internet connection, or Easy Anti-Cheat. So check the servers, and if they are working, run through our suggested fixes. And hopefully, before long, you'll be back online.