Dead by Daylight error code 8001 is one of several errors that have afflicted Dead by Daylight players in recent times, rendering players unable to start playing their game. Today, we'll run through some potential fixes, and what the likely causes are for this irritating little bug. Whether you prefer to be a Survivor or a Killer, we'll help you to triumph over at least one opponent.
How to fix Dead by Daylight Error Code 8001
This is an error which seems to manifest most commonly for Xbox players. There are only a few solutions that we've seen players reporting success with. They are as follows:
- Check the game status, in case the issue is at the server end, rather than with your device. You can follow DBD on Twitter to get updates on problems or planned work. You can also check the server status here. And finally check the Xbox server status here. Ultimately, if there is an issue with the servers, you will be very limited in terms of what you can actually do. Most of the time, you simply need to wait until the server is back up and running.
- Another possible solution is to clear the cache on your Xbox. There are actually two ways to do this:
- The first, is to start by turning off your console
- Wait 20 seconds or so, then remove the power cable
- Wait for a further few minutes, then plug the cable back in, and reboot your console.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller
- Go to Settings > Devices and Connections
- Click on Blu-Ray
- Select Persistent Storage
- Press Clear Persistent Storage
- If you are playing through Xbox game pass on your PC, it's worth checking your anti-virus and firewalls aren't blocking the game from working
If none of these solutions work, then it's probably time to contact the DBD Customer Support team for additional advice.
What is DBD 8001?
When players get this error, they normally see the following message:
Cannot connect to online services. Please try again later.
Error code: 8,001
Usually, error Code 8001 arises because of one of two reasons. Firstly, and most typically, as the error message suggests, is a server issue. Given this error seems linked to Xbox accounts, this may suggest the problem is linked to server issues on Xbox Live, as opposed to DBD servers specifically.
The second potential cause of this error is corrupted files, which is why clearing the cache can be beneficial in tackling it. This can help to remove any bugs that are in the cache, and prevent the error from recurring.