Wondering how to connect your Samsung Galaxy Buds to PS4? We've got you covered!
Wireless headphones have become so popular that they are becoming product lines in their own right. Previously, both Apple and Samsung used to give great headphones away with their phones as a way of tempting consumers to shop with them. This war has elevated the quality and with the Galaxy Buds Plus, Samsung has raised the bar again.
Battery life is improved, the audio call sound is better due to a third internal microphone and finally, they are compatible with iOS through the new Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus app (that's a mouthful granted).
In this guide, we will tell you how to connect Samsung Galaxy Buds to your PS4. Let's get started!
How To Connect Samsung Galaxy Buds To PS4
There's some conflicting evidence online but, as standard, the PS4 doesn't support 3rd party Bluetooth audio devices. It's a shame as the console has dominated since it was released.
But there is a simple way around it. You just need a Bluetooth transmitter.
If you want to connect your Galaxy Buds to the PS4, here's what you need to do:
- Plug the Bluetooth Adapter Dongle into your PS4’s USB port at the front of your console.
- Depending on what dongle you have bought, make sure it’s in pairing mode.
- Put the Galaxy Buds Plus in your ears and press and hold the touchpad on both Buds. You will hear the sound of them entering manual pairing mode.
- Your PS4 will then display a message confirming this connection.
- Your Galaxy Buds Plus will now be fully connected allowing you to listen and talk through them while you game.
What Is A Bluetooth Transmitter?
A Bluetooth Transmitter is a device that will plug into the USB slot of your PS4 and act as a Bluetooth connection to the AirPods. They can also be used to connect Bluetooth headphones to a number of other devices and consoles, including the Xbox One.
You can get them from Amazon for around £24.99 / $24.99, although there are some cheaper versions available.
For more articles like this, take a look at our How To page.