How to connect Apple AirPods headphones to PS4
It’s not hard to connect your Apple headphones to your PS4.
The great news is that AirPods can be connected to the PS4. The downside is that because they aren’t Sony-branded, its a little bit more tricky than plugin and play.
You’ll need a little help from a Bluetooth transmitter.
What is a Bluetooth Transmitter?
It is a device that will plug into the USB slot of your PS4 and act as a Bluetooth connection to the AirPods.
You can get them from Amazon from around £24.99 / $29.99 / €29.99, although there are some cheaper versions available.
How to connect the AirPods
- Plug the Bluetooth Adapter Dongle into your PS4’s USB port at the front of your console.
- Depending on what dongle you have bought, make sure it’s in pairing mode.
- Open the AirPod’s case.
- Press and hold the pairing button at the back of the charging case.
- Your AirPods will now pair with your USB Bluetooth device, and therefore PS4
- Your PS4 will then display a message confirming this connection.
- Your AirPods will now be fully connected allowing you to listen and talk through your Apple AirPods while you game.
READ MORE: Common PS4 issues and how to fix them