Are you struggling to connect AirPods to your laptop? We've got you covered!
Apple's AirPods are one of the best wireless headphones/earbuds you can buy, but they can be a pain to set up on non-Apple devices. You can connect AirPods to an Android phone, PlayStation console, Xbox console, and of course your laptop, but it's not as easy as it sounds for some.
No worries, we'll make the process easy for you. Read on to learn how to connect AirPods to a Windows 10 or 11 laptop!
How to connect AirPods to a laptop
AirPods are compatible with any laptop, provided you have a Bluetooth connection. Most laptops come with Bluetooth built-in, but if this isn't the case for you, then you can buy a Bluetooth dongle for like $10, and use that to connect AirPods to your laptop or desktop.
Assuming you have the Bluetooth element taken care of, let's discuss the process of pairing your AirPods to your laptop.
How to connect AirPods to a laptop Windows 10
- On your Windows 10 laptop, head to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices and click the Bluetooth toggle if it isn’t already on.
- With your AirPods in the charging case, open the lid.
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until the status light flashes white.
- When your AirPods appear in the list under Add a Device, select them.
- A message will appear saying "Your device is ready to go!" when the connection is successful.
How to connect AirPods to a laptop Windows 11
- On your Windows 10 laptop, go to Settings > Bluetooth & devices and make sure that Bluetooth is on.
- Click Add device.
- With your AirPods in the charging case, open the lid and press the small white button on the back. Wait until the indicator light turns white.
- Return to your Windows 11 laptop, and click Bluetooth.
- When your AirPods show up in the list under Add a Device, select them.
- Wait for the connection to be established, then click Done.
Your AirPods should now be ready to use. As you might be aware, you can't use Siri, but you can listen and talk. In case your AirPods are not connecting to your laptop, follow the troubleshooting instruction in the next section.
Read more: How to connect AirPods Max to PS5
How to fix AirPods not connecting to Windows 10/11 laptop
Sometimes, the wireless connection between the AirPods and your Windows 10/11 laptop just won’t work. There are a few reasons why this can happen: it could be due to low battery, or there could be a problem with your laptop's Bluetooth.
Whatever the case may be, here are some fixes that you can try if the AirPods are not connecting to Windows 10/11 laptop:
- Make sure your AirPods have enough charge.
- Also, ensure your AirPods' firmware is fully updated.
- Toggle Bluetooth off and on on your laptop.
- Remove and re-pair your AirPods with the laptop.
- If you still can't connect, reset your AirPods.
Hopefully, one of the suggestions will solve the connection issue you are having. If none of them works, you should consider contacting Apple Support for further guidance.