If you've recently tried playing this game, you may have run into theArma Reforger internal error issue. But what causes it, and what can you do about it? Those are the fundamental questions we'll be addressing in this article.
As the latest in the Arma franchise, fans have been eager to get involved since the game was launched on May 17th 2022. But it hasn't been smooth sailing for everyone. Plenty of complaints have emerged of people being unable to access the game, due to that infernal internal error. So here's what you need to know.
How To Fix Server Issues On Arma Reforger
If you are struggling with accessing Arma Reforger, a few potential fixes are worth trying. Before we get into that though, it's worth checking that your system meets the minimum requirements for the game (if you are playing on PC). The recommended minimum specs are:
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 / AMD FX-4300
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 or similar
- DirectX: Version 12
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 15 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible
- Additional Notes: Internet connection and DirectX 12 compatible PC required.
If your computer doesn't meet these requirements, then there's a very good chance that no matter what you try, you are still going to suffer from major problems. Assuming your system is up to the job of running the game, here's what to try next.
Given that the cause of the problem is unclear, it means there is a range of fixes that may work for you. So work your way through the following:
- Start by doing a system restart, and relaunching the game.
- Look for servers that haven't reached capacity yet. If one server doesn't let you join, try a different one.
- If you can, try using a VPN to see if this helps. And if you're currently using a VPN, try turning it off to connect with a different server.
- Check your own internet connection is working properly, and make sure you have as little traffic on the network as possible.
- If you are using WiFi, try using an ethernet cable to create a more stable internet connection.
- Some users suspect the issue is linked to BattlEye. You can try uninstalling and then reinstalling this. You can also try turning it off.
- Verify the integrity of the game files. On Steam:
- Load Steam.
- From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click Verify integrity of game files...
- Steam will verify the game's files. The process can take several minutes.
- Make sure you have installed any pending updates.v This includes game updates, system updates, and driver updates.
- If you use an antivirus or firewall, ensure that these aren't blocking the game.
If none of these works, contact @ArmaPlatform on Twitter for further help and advice.
What Is The Arma Reforger Internal Error?
As you may have already deduced, the internal error is a problem that prevents gamers from getting into the game. The majority who are affected by this get booted off the server with an "internal error" message to accompany their departure.
It isn't immediately clear why this is happening. But experience suggests a number of possibilities.
First, and most likely, is that the servers are simply unable to cope with the number of people trying to access the game at once. This is a common issue when games are newly launched, as traffic tends to spike. Throw in the fact that Arma Reforger is currently available as an 'early access' game (in other words, it definitely isn't finished) and you start to see how problems might arise.
Given the game is still being finessed, another possibility is that there are simply some issues with some of the coding, which need to be resolved by a future patch. Given that the developers expect the early access phase to last up to a year, don't be surprised to see a number of other issues appearing in the coming weeks and months.
Bohemia Interactive has provided a list of known issues already, which they are working their way through.
Finally, there's always the prospect of an issue at your end of the equation. So it's always important to take the time to make sure everything is working as it should be.
Follow the suggestions we've outlined above for your best chance of resolving this error, and getting back into the game. And hopefully, it won't be too long before the issue is resolved for good.