The unidentified error occurred PS5 issue is hard to pin down. But with our help, you'll be able to understand what it is, and most importantly, how to fix it. So if you've been encountering this issue, you've come to the right place for a solution. Here's everything you need to know about the Unidentified Error issue on PS5.
How To Fix Unidentified Error Occurred PS5 Issue
Even though this is an unidentified error, there are a few suggested fixes that seem to work for a lot of users. So, in no particular order, here's the rundown on the best fixes we have found:
- Verify your payment method. A Twitter thread with Ask PlayStation has suggested that one potential fix for this issue is to ensure that the region for your payment method matches the region for your console. This may be especially relevant if you are using a VPN for your console. These can cause a discrepancy between where your console is, and where your payment method is.
- Check the PSN status. You can do this by clicking here. While this may seem basic, if there is a problem with the network, then it may be stopping your console from communicating properly. And hence, this led to an unidentified error.
- Make sure you have money in your account. Another really obvious one, but if you are trying to make a purchase without funds in your account, it's not going to work.
- Try a different payment method, such as a gift card or Paypal.
- Add something else to your cart, as suggested by this Reddit user and it might go through.
- Also, manually adding some funds to the wallet worked for some people.
- Spam the X button. This is a slightly strange one. But some users have reported that by repeatedly pressing X after this error appears, they have been able to override it. This isn't without risk though. If you are trying to buy something, there is the risk that repeatedly pressing X may lead to you repeatedly making the purchase.
- You can even try a system restart, to see if shutting down your system flushes out any bugs.
If none of these solutions works, then try waiting for a few hours before trying again. You can always reach out to PlayStation Support for further assistance.
What Causes The Unidentified Error?
As you may have inferred from the solutions we outlined above, the unidentified error seems to occur most frequently when you are trying to make a purchase on the PlayStation Store. It rarely (if ever) crops up elsewhere. This suggests it may be a problem that is exclusive to this part of the PlayStation Network. Sony is generally pretty good at giving errors a specific error code, which makes this something of an outlier.
So try the fixes we mentioned, and hopefully, they will help you to overcome this unidentified error. But if not? It may well just be a case of waiting patiently and trying again at another time.