The error code 208 on HTC Vive happens not only on the headset, but it occurs in the SteamVR software that's required to use it for games.
SteamVR is extremely essential to use on your HTC Vive headset. It's where you can stream VR games in an app and service-like manner.
But if error code 208 happens, what can you do to fix it?
We've got it covered; here's how to fix error code 208 on the HTC Vive.
Fix the error code 208 on your HTC Vive's SteamVR app
The official Vive support page has everything we need to fix the error code 208 on your headset's SteamVR app.
- Go to your PC's Control Panel, select System and Security, and choose System.
- Head to the Device Manager and select the Universal Serial Bus controllers list.
- Right-click on the Generic USB Hub option to choose Properties.
- Choose the Power Management menu and de-select Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Finally, unplug and then re-plug the power cable connected to your link box, and restart your SteamVR app.
READ MORE: HTC Vive floor fix: How to calibrate the floor
Fix the error code 208 on your HTC Vive by restarting your PC
By default this is an almost standard way to fix issues and errors on your devices. And this applies to almost all kinds of those.
Simply restart your PC and it can instantly solve issues on your HTC Vive's SteamVR app, although there is no guarantee at all.
But most of the time, it really works. Try it out and see if it will help you solve your case.
READ MORE: HTC Vive: How to use the camera