If you are encountering Sims 4 game failed to load error code 102, we can help you get back to playing your favourite sim game in no time.
The Sims 4 is one of the most popular life simulation games in the world, with millions of players enjoying the game daily. However, like any game, it is not impervious to performance issues, including but not limited to lag, crashing, and loading errors.
In this article, we'll take a look at what causes the Sims 4 error code 102 and provide you with some tips and tricks on how to fix the game failed to load error.
What is Sims 4 error code 102?
Sims 4 error code 102 is a common error that players may encounter when attempting to load their game. It is accompanied by the message "Game failed to load. Error code 102:c4caa9ed:eeb17472"
The error code 102 typically means that there are outdated mods/cc in your game. Mods and CC can be a great way to enhance your gameplay experience, but they can also cause issues if they are not updated regularly.
If the game code has changed in an update, outdated mods or CC may not be compatible with the latest version of the game, causing errors such as error code 102.
How to fix Sims 4 error code 102
To fix Sims 4 error code 102, you'll want to find the broken or outdated mods/cc in the game, and then clear your game cache, and finally, delete the localthumbcache.package.
Thanks to the EA community forum, here are the steps you need to take to fix Sims 4 error code 102:
- Move all the mods and cc out into a temporary folder on the desktop.
- To identify which mods or CC are causing the error code 102, you can try moving a few files back at a time and testing the game to see if it loads successfully.
- If the game loads without any issues, then you can assume that the files you moved are not causing the problem. However, if it doesn't, the mod or CC you have just mod is the problem and it needs to be removed or updated.
- Delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 till there are no more files to check.
At this point, Sims 4 error code 102 should be fixed. It's important to regularly check for updates on mods and CC and remove any that are no longer compatible with the current version of the game to avoid encountering this error.