If Riot Vanguard keeps crashing for you, while trying to play Valorant, don't panic!
While Riot Vanguard has been effective in preventing cheating, it is not immune to errors. Recently, some players have reported encountering issues with it such as crashing or the "Riot Vanguard encountered an error" issue.
In this article, we will explore the Riot Vanguard crashing issue in Valorant and provide you with solutions on how to fix it so that you can continue playing without any hindrance.
Why does Riot Vanguard keep crashing?
Riot Vanguard crashes when the game cannot detect the anti-cheat system, which is essential for ensuring that all players are playing the game fairly and without any cheats or exploits.
There are several reasons why Riot Vanguard may keep crashing in Valorant. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Compatibility issues: If your system specifications are not compatible with the Vanguard anti-cheat system, it can cause the error.
- Outdated drivers: Vanguard requires up-to-date drivers to function correctly. If your drivers are outdated, it can cause the error.
- Third-party software conflict: If there is any third-party software installed on your computer that is conflicting with Vanguard, it can cause the error.
Identifying the specific cause of the error is crucial in finding a solution to the problem and getting back to playing the game without any further interruptions. With that in mind, let's explore the potential solutions to this problem.
How to fix Riot Vanguard crashing
Many players have reported encountering a frustrating issue when attempting to play Valorant.
After opening the game and entering the queue, the game abruptly crashes to the desktop and the error message "Riot Vanguard crashed" pops up.
Restarting all the services related to Riot Games and Valorant can be a helpful solution to fix the Riot Vanguard crashing issue. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Press "Windows key + R" to open the Run dialog box.
- Type "services.msc" and press Enter to open the Services window.
- In the Services window, find all processes with the Riot Games or Valorant logo.
- Right-click on each of the programs and click on End Task.
If this solution does not work, other possible solutions include updating drivers, enabling TPM 2.0, repairing or reinstalling the game, and performing a clean boot.
If Riot Vanguard keeps crashing after trying these steps, you may want to contact Valorant support for further assistance. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and resolve the error code.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Guides and Gaming page.