We couldn't wait to go back to Resident Evil 4 and to Leon Kennedy's trouble in keeping at bay an entire village of zombies. But, unfortunately, sometimes it's not just the zombies we have to worry about but also issues such as problems with loading. And what about the Resident Evil 4 Remake stuttering?
Players are finding out different technical issues while playing through Capcom's latest release in the Resident Evil series, but luckily there are fixes.
So, let's find out what to do to fix the Resident Evil 4 remake stuttering.
How to fix Resident Evil 4 Remake stuttering
Along with keeping your GPU drivers updated, we definitely recommend giving a look at the Graphics options in the game. This is what you might want to tweak:
- Frame Rate: Variable
- Display Mode: Full Screen
- Vertical Synchronization: Off
- Cinematic Resolution: 4K
- Ray Tracing: Off (recommended to keep it off, unless you have a very powerful machine);
- FidelityFX Super Sampling: Quality
- Texture Quality: use Medium if you have less than 6GB of VRAM, otherwise, go to High or Higher.
- Texture Filtering: High Aniso 16x
- Mesh Quality: Mid
- Shadow Quality: Low/Mid (these take up a lot of video memory)
- Shadow Cache: Off
- Bloom: On
- Screen Space Reflection: Off
- Sub Surface Scattering: Off
- Hair Strands: Off
- Persistent Corpses: Few
- Corpse Physics: Low
- Diverse Enemy Animations: On (it takes some performance, but otherwise all enemies will move the exact same)
- Motion Blur: Off
- Rain Quality: High
- Terrain: Off
- Lens Flare: Off
- Lens Distortion: Off
- Depth of Field: On
- Resource-Intense Lighting Quality: High
- Resource-Intense Effects Quality: Low
Naturally, you can further take these down if you don't really care about quality and only want decent FPS, but we feel this is a good balance.
Resident Evil 4 system requirements
Being this is a recent AAA game, it is quite heavy on resources, so also check if your PC does meet at least the minimum requirements. They are as follows:
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 / Intel Core i5-7500
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 560 with 4GB VRAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB VRAM
- DirectX: Version 12
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Notes: Estimated performance (when set to Prioritize Performance): 1080p/45fps.
In addition, these are the recommended requirements:
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / Intel Core i7 8700
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
- Notes: Estimated performance: 1080p/60fps
Since you are here, check out our guides on Resident Evil 4 Remake infinite loading screen and Resident Evil 4 Remake on Steam Deck.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Guides and Gaming page.