Update: The PS5 Slim is here! We've listed where you can buy it below, costing around $499 / £479 depending on where you buy.
There's been rumours of a PlayStation 5 Slim for years; a precedent was set after the PS3 and PS4 both saw 'updated' versions in their lifetimes, and with a recent blog post from Sony themselves the rumours have been confirmed at long last. In this guide we'll tell you the PS5 Slim price.
The updated hardware is nice, but the first thing on most gamers' minds since the announcement has been the console's price. After the messy launch of the original PS5, nobody wants to go through scalpers or third-party websites with hiked up prices again.
While you're here, find out how the bizarre PlayStation Portal has already become a success in Japan. We also have a guide to help you figure out which email address is tied to your PSN account. That's on top of the confirmed PS5 Slim release date!
How much does the PS5 Slim cost?
While there's no guarantee that retailers will follow Sony's recommended retail price, they listed the RRP for digital and physical editions in several different territories. Supply hopefully won't be as limited as it was for the first edition PS5, so be wary of purchasing from anyone charging more than the amounts listed.
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – $499.99 USD
- PS5 Digital Edition – $449.99 USD
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – €549.99 EUR
- PS5 Digital Edition – €449.99 EUR
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – £479.99 GBP
- PS5 Digital Edition – £389.99 GBP
Several accessories were also mentioned throughout the blog post, each with their own RRP. Horizontal stands will come free with every PS5 slim purchased, but accessories sold separately include:
- A vertical stand, reportedly compatible with all PS5 models
- 29.99 USD | 29.99 EUR | 24.99 GBP
- Console covers with colours including black, red, blue, and silver
- 54.99 USD | 54.99 EUR | 44.99 GBP
- Disc drive that lets the digital PS5 slim use discs
- 79.99 USD | 119.99 EUR | 99.99 GBP
There hasn't been any news of special bundles that include games with the console, but retailers will likely step up to include Spider-Man 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and other recent titles with the consoles if Sony themselves don't.