One of the common issues encountered by many PS3 players today is the device setup password not working issue. This error can hinder players from accessing their PSN accounts.
The device setup password error is also similar to PS3 error code 8002A537 in a way that they are account-related. It's a good thing that both errors can be fixed with some easy, workable methods!
Read further to know more about the PS3 device setup password error.
What is PS3 "device setup password not working" error?
The device setup password not working issue on PS3 is a technical issue that prevents new passwords from getting recognized by the console. This error persists as you keep on adding one password after another.
Many users have encountered the "device setup password not working" error since 2022.
Here are the possible causes of the PS3 password error:
- Faulty or unstable Internet connection
- Console issues
- Lack of Two-factor authentication (2FA)
- Account or profile problems
The PS3 device setup password error is not permanent. You can apply some basic solutions to fix the error.
How to fix the device setup password not working issue on PS3
To fix the PS3 device setup password not working issue, turn on 2-step verification and then try the device password. This solution has been widely shared and confirmed as effective by numerous PS3 owners on Reddit, further adding to its credibility.
If the issue persists, here are some other ways to fix the device setup password not working error on PS3:
- Reset your PS3: Resetting the console can fix most bugs, technical issues, and password-related glitches.
- Connect to a stable network: If your PS3 couldn't connect to the Web, it will have a difficult time coordinating your account and the desired password change. Always pick a strong wireless connection before setting up a device password.
- Fix problems with your PSN account: Check if your PSN account is having problems or inconsistencies. Contact the PSN support if you can't fix account-related issues.
To get more information about the device setup password error, try to visit the PlayStation Universe forums. Perhaps other players can give you additional insights about the error.