Are you experiencing an NBA 2K24 server error? If you are, there’s no need to panic. With most games having a variety of online features, server errors are quite common these days but they’re easy to fix in most cases.
Basketball enthusiasts have always enjoyed the NBA 2K games, but they’re far from perfect. Even NBA 2K23 had some lag issues that players had to work around.
So, let’s go ahead and look into the possible causes and fixes for the NBA 2K24 server error so that you can get back to playing as your favorite NBA team online.
How to fix NBA 2K24 server error
There are many possible ways to fix the NBA 2K24 server error that may involve making adjustments to your network connection setup or simply waiting for server issues to resolve themselves. Here’s a list of the common fixes for the NBA 2K24 server error.
- Restart your modem or router.
- Update the game to its latest version.
- Adjust firewall settings.
- Wait for server maintenance to complete.
- Log into the game at a different time, depending on your region you can also think about using a VPN.
You may need to restart your game or your gaming platform after trying out each of these fixes for the changes to take effect. This goes for players on PC and consoles.
NBA 2K24 server error causes
The reason there are several ways to fix an NBA 2K24 server error is that there are also several potential causes for it. However, these causes are nothing to worry about since they usually involve a slow internet connection or the server being worked on.
Here are the common causes behind an NBA 2K24 server error:
- Slow or unstable internet connection.
- Servers are down for maintenance.
- Using an outdated version of the game.
- Firewall settings preventing connection to the game’s servers.
- Servers are full due to player traffic.
Keep in mind that you may still encounter the server error even when playing by yourself. Certain modes like MyCAREER require the game to be connected to the internet at all times.