Encountering one of several Modern Warfare 3 error codes can be hugely frustrating.
Modern Warfare 3 is available now and those loading into the latest Call of Duty title may not have the ability to play their favourite maps and game modes due to specific errors stopping them from accessing the multiplayer portion of the game.
In this guide, find a list of all known MW3 error codes and some potential solutions that should address any issues you may encounter while attempting to access the game.
Modern Warfare 3 error codes
With the game now out across PlayStation, Xbox, and PC, there are several error codes popping up and frustrating players wanting to play. Here's a closer look at all of the known codes and how to fix them.
Modern Warfare 3 Chastise error code
This error is down to Activision being unable to verify your mission packs and other content that's installed on your hard drive. It often appears if there are problems with the servers.
To fix, restart your router to rule out any problems on your end before heading to Activision Support to see if they can help. If there's nothing that can be done, wait until an update is applied to the game and the error will disappear.
Modern Warfare 3 0x00001338 error code
This particular error stops players from accessing the campaign which is hugely frustrating if you want to see what happens between Task Force 141 and the Konni Group. Here's how to fix this error:
- Verify game files - Click on Call of Duty in your library then click the option to verify the integrity of game files.
- Uninstall the game - Deleting the game and reinstalling it is far from ideal but it could stop the error from appearing.
- Set the GPU to lower settings - Make sure FDR isn't running on Ultra Performance
Modern Warfare 3 Diver error code
This error involves Modern Warfare 3 attempting to apply updates automatically. If you run into the Diver error, here's how to fix it:
- Check server status - Checking DownDetector is a surefire way of seeing if there are any server issues to report.
- Restart the download - A simple solution involves restarting the download.
- Restart the game - Rebooting Modern Warfare 3 may stop the Diver error from appearing.
Modern Warfare 3 Travis Rilea error
This error occurs when your copy of Modern Warfare 3 is unable to access the servers which means there are only a few potential solutions to stop this error from appearing:
- Restart your router - Restart your internet equipment to rule out any problems on your end. If there are, a quick reset will allow you to return to action.
- Log in later on - Modern Warfare 3 servers are often busy, so there's a chance the Travis Rilea error is attempting to ease the load if servers have surpassed capacity. Log in at a later time to see if the error disappears.
That's all of the known Modern Warfare 3 error codes so far. While you're here, check out our walkthrough hub that's packed with information about Sledgehammer Games' latest release.