Having problems employing the latest strategies in NFL? Well, perhaps the strategies are not good or perhaps you’re experiencing Madden 24 crashing issues. Then in that case, you are not at fault, let's try to fix the problem.
Madden NFL 24 shares some of the problem of its earliest iterations. But, then again, these are typical problems of online games as a whole unfortunately. You would not want to be having issues such as lag in Madden 23.
Still, there are a few things we can try to fix the problems. Let's fix Madden 24 crashing issue on PC, Xbox and PS5.
How To Fix Madden 24 Crashing On PC
If you have been experiencing Madden 24 crashing, then a good thing to do would be first updating or reinstalling your video drivers. Also, make sure that all your software is fully updated. In many cases, this will resolve the issue. It's also important to make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for the game.
But just in case this doesn't work, there are some further steps you can try:
- Disable any third-party software you may have running alongside the game. Programs like Discord, RGB, or MSI Afterburner, or even overlay like GeForce Experience, Steam, or Origins.
- You may want to check the integrity of the game files on Steam, in case something got corrupted during the download and installation process.
- Turn on Vsync, if you don't already have it on.
- Lower your graphics settings.
How To Fix Madden 24 Crashing On Xbox
The crashing issues on Xbox usually happen when players attempt to play the Franchise Mode or Legacy Mode. It either crashes out to the Xbox dashboard or the Xbox system fully shuts down. There seems to be a good fix for it, which worked for Madden 23 and we would believe it works for the newer version as well.
- Go to Settings and then turn graphics from performance mode to image quality.
- Change the power-saving options to Instant-on mode.
- Close other running games or apps, (for Series X|S also close others running in quick resume)
- Remove any connected device, or additional USB's from the console then restart the Xbox and see if it solves the issue.
- Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 18.104.22.168, secondary: 22.214.171.124, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)
Again, if nothing seems to work and you are sure you have tried everything that you could, then reach out to the developers.
How To Fix Madden 24 Crashing On PS5
If you are seeing Madden 24 crashing on your PS5 again and again, then the solution is to clear your console cache. You can do so without issues, as it won't be deleting any saved data from the game (or others). To clear the cache on your PS5, follow the steps below.
- Start by turning off the console fully. This means a proper switch-off, rather than using Rest Mode.
- Wait for twenty seconds or so, and then unplug the console from the mains power supply.
- Leave your PS5 unplugged for a couple of minutes.
- After this time has elapsed, plug the console back in, and power it up.
- Try relaunching Madden 24 to see whether the issue is resolved.
Again, if despite having rebooted your console and your router and having cleaned the cache, the game is still not working then reach out to the developers.
That's all we have for you on Madden 24 crashing. If you're looking for more tips and tricks on the game, check out our Madden 24 steam deck guide.