What games can you actually play on your brand new virtual reality headset? Well, for example is Minecraft on Oculus Quest 3? That's a question that's being asked by many who would like to pick up the new VR headset.
With hundreds of millions of players, Minecraft is still one of most popular games for both young and old. Since it plays in first person, that is one great experience to bring to the world of VR tech.
But actually sitting down to play Minecraft on Quest 3? Well, you need to know all about its compatibility and various issues. So, let's look at them.
Is Minecraft available on Oculus Quest 3?
While Minecraft is not officially supported as part of the Quest 3 games and apps, there are several ways that you can play. You can use QuestCraft, Minecraft for Oculust and, finally, Vivecraft. We also know that the game is available on the Oculus Rift too. Also there is a way to play it on Quest 2 as well.
So if you want to experience the game in its full virtual reality glory, it is possible. But it will take a bit of time and effort, before reaching the sunlit uplands of your beautiful world. Let's take a look at what you need to do.
How To Play Minecraft On Oculus Quest 3
Before you can play Minecraft on Quest 3, you need to do the following:
- Make sure you have Java installed on your PC so you can run the Java Edition of the game
- Download the Java Edition of Minecraft - you can test it on your PC to make sure it is running correctly
- You then need to download and install something called SideQuest, in order to sideload apps onto the headset
- Run the app with the headset connected to your PC
- In the sidequest app search for Questcraft
- Click download app and it should sideload it onto the Quest 3
- Now, put on the headset and go to the apps
- Select filter and use "Unknown sources" to find Questcraft
- Then login and play it.
Alternatively, you can just run Meta Quest 3 in Wired mode and have Minecraft running on your PC. To do so just:
- Install the Oculus desktop app on your PC.
- Launch the Oculus app.
- Navigate to Devices.
- Click Add Headset and select the Quest 3
- Select Link (Cable) for wired connections.
- Connect the Meta Quest 3 to a USB 3 (at least) port on your PC then click Continue.
- Navigate to Quick Settings on the device and select Meta Quest Link.
- Run Minecraft on your PC
We will, of course, update this guide as soon as an official way to play Minecraft on your Oculust Quest 3 is available. If you're looking for more tips and tricks to use on your VR headset, check out our guides on Quest 3 battery life and what is the resolution of Quest 3.