The Pokemon franchise has become so popular that some fans have taken it upon themselves to come up with their own games like Pokemon Infinite Fusion.
Since this fan-made game is available for download on PC, we'll show you how to play Pokemon Infinite Fusion on Valve's handheld device.
Can you play Pokemon Infinite Fusion on Steam Deck?
Yes, the Deck is definitely capable of running the game. But since the game is not exactly Steam Deck verified, a bit of tinkering around is required before you can play.
While you can get Pokemon Infinite Fusion onto your Deck through a third-party program called Lutris, there is a much simpler method.
Let's take a look at what you need to do to get this fan-made Pokemon game running on Steam Deck.
How to play Pokemon Infinite Fusion on Steam Deck
Follow these steps and you should be fusing Pokemon together in no time:
- Set your Steam Deck to Desktop mode and open an internet browser.
- Go to the Pokemon Infinite Fusion forum board to download the game.
- Locate the ZIP file in your Downloads folder, right-click on it, and choose "Open with ARK".
- Click on Extract.
- Open the folder you've just extracted and look for Pokemon Infinite Fusion.exe.
- Right-click on the file and select "Add to Steam".
- Open Steam while still in Desktop mode.
- Find Pokemon Infinite Fusion.exe in your Steam Games List and click on the gear icon to the right.
- Click on Properties and go to Compatibility.
- Tick the box where it says "Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool".
- Choose Proton 7.
- Switch back to Gaming mode.
- Launch the game.
You should now be able to play Pokemon Infinite Fusion on your Steam Deck. Keep in mind that the initial loading screens may take a while to get through when running the game for the first time.