We can never have enough games, right? I mean, we probably could have had enough if that number was infinite. And there is no better service for having lots of great titles ready to play than Microsoft's very own. But what if you want to bring it with you on the go? Let's find out all about how to get Xbox Game Pass on Steam Deck.
With that treasure trove of games, it is no wonder that we want to bring it with us anywhere. So let's find out how to get Xbox Game Pass on Steam Deck.
How to get Xbox Game Pass on Steam Deck
While you can't directly install Game Pass games on the Steam Deck, you can use the console to install the app. This is not a simple process and it involves a bit of fiddling around with your console, so be careful if you're not sure what you're doing.
Installing Microsoft Edge on Steam Deck
First of all, we need to install the Edge browser:
- Hold down Steam Deck's power button to enter Desktop Mode, and select “Switch to Desktop”;
- Open the Discover app store (shopping bag icon) and search for Microsoft Edge. Click "Install" once it shows up in the search results;
- Hit start again and move over to "Internet";
- Right-click on Edge and select "Add to Steam";
- Go to the Application Launcher again, then "System", "Konsole". It brings up a command prompt, press Steam + X to use the keyboard and type: "flatpak --user override --filesystem=/run/udev:ro com.microsoft.Edge".
This command lets Microsoft Edge access the controllers.
Setting up Xbox Cloud Gaming on Steam Deck
Launch Steam again in Desktop Mode and find Microsoft Edge in the library. Now we'll set it up to display the Xbox login page:
- Right-click on Edge and select "Properties";
- Go to the Launch Options box;
- Add the following as is: "-- window-size=1024,640 --force-device-scale-factor=1.25 --device-scale-factor=1.25 --kiosk “https://www.xbox.com/play”
Now, as soon as we open the browser we'll be redirected to the page.
Set up the controller layout
All that's left is setting up the controllers, so we go back to our Edge shortcut and do the following:
- Right-click and select "Manage", "Controller Layout" and "Browse configs";
- Go to "Templates" and select "Gamepad with Mouse trackpad";
- Go to Apply configuration;
- Select Done.
Now you're all set to enjoy your Xbox pass games in streaming. It won't be a perfect solution and you're required to use a decent WiFi near you, but it does work efficiently.