Side quests don’t always contribute to the main storyline’s plot, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have their own interesting tales to tell. The Lies of P Julian the Gentleman quest is one of the earlier side stories you can get, but that doesn’t make it any less intriguing.
The plot of Lies of P manages to captivate players by taking the classic tale of a wooden boy and putting a dark, soulslike spin on it. Add in some interesting concepts like the Puppet Frenzy and Trinity doors and you’ll find yourself struggling to put the controller down for hours on end.
So while you’re glued to your screen, you might as well learn how to complete the Lies of P Julian the Gentleman quest and explore more of the city of Krat.
How to complete Julian the Gentleman
To complete the Julian the Gentleman quest in Lies of P, you’ll need to help Julian retrieve some of his wife’s belongings. Locating these items shouldn’t be too difficult, but they can be easily missed if you don’t know where to look.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on what to do to help Julian and complete this side quest:
- Start the quest by speaking with Julian in Rosa Isabelle Street Culvert. You can find him after defeating the White Lady mini-boss.
- After speaking with Julian, take the ladder near him and go all the way down. Expect to fight some puppets once you reach the bottom.
- Clear the enemies then enter the nearby pipe and take the first right you come across to exit the culvert.
- Keep following the path you are on until you find a ladder to your right. Climb this ladder, turn left, and go up the stairs that are right next to a lamppost.
- After climbing up two more sets of stairs, make a right and proceed until you cross a bridge to reach a theater. Turn left at the theater and it should lead you down some more stairs.
- As soon as you finish going down these stairs, look to your right and you should find the remains of Julian’s wife.
- Pick up the item next to the body to obtain the Wedding Ring and make your way back to Julian.
Upon returning to Julian and showing him the Wedding Ring, you have the option of lying to him or telling him the truth. Lie by telling Julian you saw the message his wife left and you will obtain the Sad Gesture and Wedding Ring. Tell Julian the truth by saying you’ve never seen that happen before and you will receive the Radiant Ergo Fragment.
And that’s our guide on how to complete Julian the Gentleman in Lies of P. If you’re interested in more fantasy adventure games, you may want to check out Baldur’s Gate 3 on Steam Deck. But if you want to switch things up with something more sci-fi, then consider reading up on some Starfield characters.