Honkai Star Rail is finally here on PS5. However, many users are unable to link Honkai Star Rail to PS5 through the HoYoverse account.
When you launch Honkai Star Rail, the game does not immediately provide an option to sign in using your HoYoverse account, which poses a challenge for users. Fortunately, a savvy Redditor has discovered an effective workaround to address this challenge.
In this guide, we will delve into the clever trick shared by this Redditor to assist you in linking Honkai Star Rail to your PS5 account.
How to link Honkai Star Rail to PS5 account
To link Honkai Star Rail to your PS5 through your HoYoverse account, first create a disposable email and temporarily link the game to it. Once done, log into the HoyoVerse using this email and navigate to the settings to unlink the PSN connection.
Kudos to user r/millochi on Reddit for discovering this ingenious workaround. Many Redditors have vouched for the efficacy of this solution. We recommend giving it a shot until HoYo releases an official fix, ideally in the form of a dedicated login page.
Here are the detailed steps to link Honkai Star Rail to your PS5 account:
- Start the game without logging in
- Play the tutorial up until you can access the menu
- On the menu, go to the settings and find the option to link the account
- Link the game account to a random throwaway email
- Go to the HoYoverse login page and log in using this burner email
- Navigate to "Account Security Settings" and scroll all the way down to unlink the PSN connection
- Upon reopening the game, a pop-up should appear allowing you to sign in to your existing main account
If you play Genshin Impact as well, make sure you turn the PSN link back on for the dummy account after logging into Honkai Star Rail. This should ensure your progress in Genshin Impact remains safe.