If you are encountering Halo Infinite crashing on startup, we can help.
Whether it's stuttering, DirectX 12 error, or crashing, these issues can be frustrating and prevent you from playing the game you love. But don't worry - there are several potential solutions to overcome these issues and enjoy the game to its fullest potential.
In this article, we will explore some of the common causes of Halo Infinite crashing on startup and provide some solutions to help you get the game running smoothly.
Why is Halo Infinite crashing?
Crashing is a common issue that gamers encounter while playing their favourite games. Halo Infinite crashing can occur due to various reasons, and identifying the root cause can help in finding a suitable solution to fix the problem.
Some of the common causes of Halo Infinite crashing include:
- Outdated or corrupted graphics drivers: If your graphics drivers are outdated or corrupted, it can cause issues with the game's performance and result in crashes.
- Compatibility issues: Halo Infinite is designed to run on specific operating systems, and if your system does not meet the minimum requirements, it can cause the dreaded incompatible operating system error and result in the game crashing on startup.
- Background applications: Some background applications can interfere with the game's performance and cause crashes. These include antivirus software, firewalls, and other applications that use system resources.
- Game files corruption: If the game files are corrupted or missing, it can cause the game to crash on startup.
- Overclocking: Overclocking can cause instability in the system, which can lead to crashes when launching the game.
- Bugs: It's not uncommon for games to have bugs that can result in crashes or other performance issues. Halo Infinite gaming services bug, for example.
By identifying the specific cause of the problem, you can take appropriate steps to fix the issue and get Halo Infinite running smoothly on your system. Below you will find a detailed guide for troubleshooting Halo Infinite crashes on Windows.
How to fix Halo Infinite crashing
Crashing in games can be extremely annoying, especially when it happens frequently and interrupts gameplay. It can be frustrating to spend time and effort on a game, only to have it crash and lose progress or have to restart from the beginning.
If you're experiencing Halo Infinite crashing, here are some potential solutions that you can try:
- Update your graphics drivers: Outdated or corrupted graphics drivers can cause crashes, so make sure to update them to the latest version.
- Disable background applications: Disable any unnecessary background applications that could be interfering with the game's performance, such as antivirus software, firewalls, or other applications that use system resources.
- Repair game files: If the game files are corrupted or missing, it can cause crashes. You can try repairing the game files by using the game's repair tool or verifying the integrity of game files through Steam or the Microsoft Store.
- Perform a clean boot: A clean boot can help eliminate any software conflicts that could be causing the game to crash on startup.
- Disable overclocking: If you have overclocked your system, try disabling it as overclocking can cause instability and crashes.
- Lower graphics settings: Lowering the graphics settings can reduce the strain on your system and help prevent crashes.
By following these steps, you can potentially fix Halo Infinite crashing and get back to enjoying the game without any interruptions or crashes.
If the problem persists, it's possible that bugs in the game code could be causing crashes. In such cases, it's important to report the issue to the game developer and keep an eye out for any patches or updates that may address the problem.