While racing against your friends is fun, having the opportunity to do so against other players from all over the world is also pretty fun. Unfortunately, that also means having potential problems. Let's look at how to fix the Forza Motorsport server error, in case it decides to ruin your gaming session.
Like previous instalments in the franchise, Forza Motorsport features many different racing modes. While you can play solo offline, playing online has been a great feature of the series for years.
This makes you all the more susceptible to the Forza Motorsport server error. Read on to find how to fix it so you can continue racing without problems.
How to fix Forza Motorsport server error
There are several potential causes behind this server error, but that also means that there are various ways to address it. We definitely recommend to restart your router, as well as your PC and Console. Also check for possible server maintenance going on.
Here are some of the steps you can take to fix the Forza Motorsport server error. Follow them in order and see if the problem is solved:
- Restart your router and your console / PC as well.
- Check for any game updates.
- Adjust firewall settings (make sure that Forza Motorsport as an application is allowed to connect to the internet).
- Login at a different time.
You may need to reboot your system after trying each of these fixes for the changes to take effect. This goes also for PC and your Xbox console.
Forza Motorsport server error causes
There are plenty of things that may cause a server error in Microsoft's racing game. For example, your internet connection might be unstable or there might be your firewall or even antivirus getting in the way. Still, you shouldn't worry too much as that might definitely be a temporary setback.
Still, that doesn’t make the issue any less annoying to deal with, so here are some common causes to help you solve the problem.
- Forza Motorsport servers are undergoing maintenance.
- Slow or unstable internet connection.
- The game has not been updated to its latest version.
- Firewall settings preventing all connections outside your home network.
- Forza Motorsport servers might be full.