Feeling a chill in Tarkov's air? Halloween is on its way to Battlestate Games' Escape from Tarkov, and while early impressions of the event haven't been impressing players, there may be more to come. We've done some graveyard digging to share the latest details on the Escape from Tarkov Halloween event.
To learn everything there is to know about the Escape from Tarkov Halloween event, read on - we've listed the features, release date, and an exciting new trailer.
Before we share the latest updates and our own speculation, check out everything we know about Escape from Tarkov Arena. We can also tell you if the Tarkov servers are down, and tell you if the game is any good on the Steam Deck.
Escape from Tarkov Halloween event release date
Escape from Tarkov's Halloween event began October 26, 2023.
Events in Tarkov can last from a few days to a few weeks. The Halloween event technically started on the 26th, but the developers have added a few more features to their Halloween event as of October 30th to coincide with the real-world holiday on the 31st.
Escape from Tarkov Halloween event features
The update that introduced this year's event fixed plenty of bugs and made an attempt to improve enemy AI. Beyond these fixes, Tarkov let players go toe-to-toe with the cult with features including:
- Halloween-themed hideout decorations and lighting
- Enemy AI wearing Jack-o-lantern helmets
- 'Pumpkin with sweets' containers
- Poison green flare added to Scav loot
- Tagilla boss uses a scythe and appears on Factory and The Lab
Escape from Tarkov Halloween Zryachiy boss
The changes above weren't enough for Tarkov's developers, as players have discovered a suitably spooky boss fight added on the 30th.
- Zryachiy boss spawns on all maps (besides Factory and Lab) with a 100% spawn rate
- When the boss is killed, rituals appear randomly on the map
- Killing cultists near a beam of light ends the ritual and lets you extract safely
- Letting rituals succeed spawns a 40,000+ HP Zryachiy and jams guns permanently - players also get the tunnel vision screen effect
- Some guns are immune to the jamming effect, listed below
- Stationary weapons
- PPSh-41 submachine gun
- MTs-255-15 shotgun
- Underbarrel grenade launcher mods
Escape from Tarkov Halloween event trailer
The developers posted a teaser trailer that hinted at some of the new content that arrived with the event. It's a fun watch in its own right, but if anything else is added to the event, we'll be sure to update this hub with the latest.
That's everything we currently know about the Halloween event in Escape from Tarkov. Before you go, learn more about the latest games - we've got hubs for ARK Survival Ascended, Avatar Frontiers of Pandora, and Life by You.