If you have been struggling with the "Rescue Wulbren" quest in Act 2, fear not – we're here to assist you. Believe it or not, there's a method to rescue Wulbren and the Tieflings in Baldur's Gate 3 without the need for combat.
This "Rescue Wulbren" quest can be quite tricky, and many players struggle because they choose to fight. We don't recommend this as it could risk the lives of Wulbren and the Tieflings, ultimately leading to mission failure.
In this walkthrough, we'll show you the step-by-step process to successfully rescue Wulbren and the Tieflings in Baldur's Gate 3 without the need for combat and ensure their safe escape.
How to rescue Wulbren and the Tieflings in Baldur's Gate 3
To rescue the Tieflings and Wulbren in Baldur's Gate 3, you need to convince them that you want to help them escape. The plan is to break the wall behind them and steal a boat. They can't do it alone because they don't have anything to break the wall.
Here are the detailed steps you need to take to rescue the Tieflings and Wulbren in Baldur's Gate 3 without a fight:
- Jump into the red hole on the left side of the prison. Inside, you'll find a strange place filled with parasites. Keep going up.
- After an easy fight, you'll reach a spot where you can go back to the prison (right path) or go behind it (left path).
- Take the left path, and you'll arrive at the wall that Wulbren needs to break.
- Position two of your party members out of sight, one behind the wall where Wulbren is and one behind the wall with the Tieflings.
- Use weapons to free the boat by breaking the chains.
- Make sure the wall behind Wulbren is almost destroyed (one hit away), and then destroy the wall behind the Tieflings.
- Immediately run back to the point where you had the choice to go left or right (the path you took to get there).
- Break the wall behind Wulbren from this vantage point.
- This will initiate a dialogue with Wulbren. Tell him to get on the boat ASAP and run to safety.
This way you can rescue the Tieflings and Wulbren in BG3 without any serious fights. Given the importance of stealth in this quest, having a Baldur's Gate 3 character with the Misty Step ability would be highly advantageous.
Where to find the Tieflings and Wulbren in BG3?
In Baldur's Gate 3, you can find the Tieflings and Wulbren in the Moonrise Towers Prison.
You can reach the prisons by taking the stairs from Moonrise Towers. It is important to become friendly with the guards in Moonrise Towers. We recommend you select all the dialogue options about being an Absolute and wanting to see Ketheric Thorm.
And with that, we are wrapping up our guide on how to rescue Wulbren and the Tieflings in Baldur's Gate 3. While you are here, be sure to explore our guide on how to use the strange chunk of amber in Baldur’s Gate 3.