Are you on the lookout for some Baldur’s Gate 3 race mods? If you are, then you’re in luck since there’s one particular mod that includes over 50 additional races for the fantasy adventure game – the Fantastical Multiverse mod.
In this title from Larian Studios, selecting a race will affect how your character plays throughout the game and how you might interact with companions and NPCs. But more importantly, your character’s appearance will change according to the race you choose.
With one of the most popular Baldur’s Gate 3 race mods to date, you can expand the list of races during character creation from 11 to over 50 choices.
How to install the Fantastical Multiverse mod
To get the best Baldur’s Gate 3 race mods, you need to install the Fantastical Multiverse mod. Download it, then unpack the files into the proper directory.
Follow these steps to install Fantastical Multiverse:
- Download the mod from Nexus Mods.
- Unpack the mod into the Baldur’s Gate 3 mods folder. The directory for this folder may change depending on where you have Baldur’s Gate 3 installed.
- You may then need to open up the modsettings.lsx file and do some editing depending on the instructions from the mods creator. This can be done with any text editing program.
- Save any changes you’ve made to the modsettings.lsx file and close it.
At this point, you can try launching Baldur’s Gate 3 to see if the mods have taken effect. If successful, you should be able to go into character creation and see all of the additional race choices.
What races are included in Fantastical Multiverse?
The majority of races in this mod are from other official Dungeons and Dragons material like bugbears, kobolds, and minotaurs. However, Fantastical Multiverse does include races from other titles such as Final Fantasy XIV and Grim Hollow.
Here’s a list of all the different races included in this mod:
Dungeons and Dragons
- Elf (Revised Unearthed Arcana 2024 PHB) 3 Subraces
- Pallid Elf
- Sea Elf
- Tiefling (Revised Unearthed Arcana 2024 PHB) 9 Subraces
- Githyanki (MoTM)
- Dwarf (Revised Unearthed Arcana 2024 PHB)
- Duergar (MoTM)
- Half-Elf (Mark of Detection)
- Half-Elf (Mark of the Storm)
- Gnome (Revised Unearthed Arcana 2024 PHB)
- Dragonborn (Revised Unearthed Arcana 2024 PHB)
- Dragonborn (Gem Dragonborn (FIZBAN'S))
- Half-Orc (Mark of Finding)
- Goliath (Revised Unearthed Arcana 2024 PHB + MoTM)
- Orc (Revised Unearthed Arcana 2024 PHB)
- Aasimar (MoTM)
- Genasi (Air, Earth, Fire, Water) (MoTM)
- Bugbear (MoTM)
- Changeling (MoTM)
- Firbolg (MoTM)
- Githzerai (MoTM)
- Goblin (MoTM)
- Kobold (VGTM + MoTM)
- Minotaur (MoTM)
- Shifter (MoTM)
- Triton (MoTM)
- Yuan-ti (Pureblood + MoTM)
- Astral Elf
- Lineages (Dhampir, Hexblood, Reborn)
- Laneshi (Grim Hollow)
- Ogresh (Grim Hollow)
- Downcast (Grim Hollow)
- Dreamers (Grim Hollow)
- The Disembodied (Grim Hollow)
Dungeons and Souls
- Krsnik (D&S)
- Moroi (D&S)
- Mušḫuššu (D&S)
- Tydelvian (D&S)
- Lunari (Hemato-Kai + Crepusriel) (D&S)
- Gwŷddpāla (D&S)
- Nephilim (D&S)
- Malformed (D&S)
Final Fantasy XIV
- Hyur(FFXIV x D&S)
- Elezen(FFXIV x D&S)
- Roegadyn(FFXIV x D&S)
- Garlean(FFXIV x D&S)
And that’s all the different races you can add to Baldur’s Gate 3 with the Fantastical Multiverse mod. While you’re here, you might also be interested in checking out our BG3 races guide or even more mods.