Need help figuring out how to complete the Baldur’s Gate 3 Finish the Masterwork Weapon quest? Baldur’s Gate 3 sidequests can either be fairly straightforward or a bit complex. Finish the Masterwork Weapon requires you to do a decent amount of adventuring, so we’ve made this guide to give you a hand with it.
You and your companions will be getting into a lot of fights during your Baldur’s Gate 3 playthrough, so it would do you good to arm yourselves with a wide selection of weapons. Equipping the right gear can determine a battle’s outcome before it even begins.
Completing the Baldur’s Gate 3 Finish the Masterwork Weapon quest will reward you with a unique piece of equipment, so let’s go ahead and see how to get it done.
How to complete Finish the Masterwork Weapon
To finish the Masterwork Weapon, you’ll need to find a set of blueprints, travel to the Underdark to pick up some bark, and then forge the weapon yourself. It may be a bit time-consuming to go through, but obtaining something called a Masterwork Weapon does seem to be worth the hassle.
Here’s a more detailed look at how to complete Finish the Masterwork Weapon:
- Start the quest by traveling to the Blighted Village and interacting with the Highcliff’s Journal inside the blacksmith’s home. This house is found to the east of the windmill in the village.
- While still in the same house, look for the room with a giant hole covered by cobwebs in the center. Destroy the cobwebs and jump down the hole.
- Upon landing in the basement, Perception checks will initiate for your party. Pass at least one check to reveal a chest.
- To open the chest, you will need to pass a Sleight of Hand check. Astarion should have an easy time doing this.
- After successfully opening the chest, you will obtain the Highcliff’s Blueprints and it will reveal that you need sussur bark to complete the Masterwork weapon. Make your way to the Underdark for the sussur bark.
- The Underdark is a large, underground area with multiple entrances. One of the ways into the Underdark is through the Whispering Depths which is accessed through the well in the Blighted Village.
- Once you’re in the Underdark, head for the Myconid Colony area and pick up the Ebonlake Grotto Waypoint. From the waypoint, travel southwest until you reach a giant glowing tree.
- This enormous tree is the Sussur Tree, so this is where you can grab some sussur bark. It’s also where you can find some sussur blooms.
- After obtaining some sussur bark, return to the blacksmith’s basement in the Blighted Village to use the forge there.
- Interact with the forge and select Combine. Toss in the sussur bark and the forge’s flames will turn blue.
- Open up the Combine window once more and this time put either a dagger, greatsword, or sickle into the forge.
The Masterwork weapon you create will depend on what item you’ve combined with the sussur bark in the forge. It will have a +1 to its attack and damage rolls with the special effect of silencing its targets.
And that wraps up our guide on how to complete finish the masterwork weapon in Baldur’s Gate 3. For more guides on the fantasy adventure game, check out how to solve the Defiled Temple floor puzzle or how to get past Arcane Turrets.