Many role-playing games these days allow you to customize your character’s name and appearance but Dungeons and Dragons takes it a step further by letting you come up with a backstory for your avatar. In Larian’s iteration of the TTRPG, the Baldur’s Gate 3 entertainer background is one of the options you can choose as part of your character’s origin.
You can select your character’s background during the character creation process, along with choosing your race and class. Keep in mind that choices matter in Baldur’s Gate 3, and the background you choose may impact how you play the game.
So let’s check out the details behind the Baldur’s Gate 3 entertainer background and see if it’s the right fit for you and your character on your next playthrough.
Choosing the entertainer background will give you proficiencies in Acrobatics and Performance. This means you will get a bonus on checks and dice rolls when performing actions that require these skills.
With proficiency in Acrobatics, your character will be able to land on their feet and maintain balance in otherwise hairy situations. This may come in handy while exploring your surroundings and trying to access hard-to-reach areas.
Performance proficiency on the other hand allows you to captivate the people around you and hold their attention, making you the top candidate in your party for providing distractions. You can also utilize Performance proficiency by persuading crowds with a charismatic speech.
Entertainer inspiration goals
Along with your proficiencies, choosing a background in Baldur’s Gate 3 will also provide you with a set of goals that can help you make certain choices in the role-playing game. Fulfil these goals, and you will earn inspiration points that can be spent for rerolls on ability checks.
Here are the different inspiration goals for those with an entertainer background:
- A Bard’s Muse – Help Alfira complete her song at Druid Grove.
- A Story for The Ages – Persuade someone with a well-timed tale.
- Celebrant – Dance with the tieflings in camp.
- Chicken Chase Extraordinaire – Win a match of chicken chase.
- Feel The Beat – Successfully perform on the goblin war drum.
- Give Them a Show – Have the goblins side with you during your duel with Novice Crusher.
- Heart of the Creator – Perform in a play with Bernard the automaton.
- Life of the Party – Take part in the toast at the goblin camp.
- Made You Look – Take Mattis’ ring and earn his respect.
- The Art of Agony – Perform for Loviatar in her ritual.
- The Price of Fame – Rescue Volo from the goblin camp.
- The Price of Ink – Free Oskar the painter from the Zhentarim.