You’ll come across many interesting locations in Larian’s new fantasy RPG, but one of the more interesting ones is the Baldur’s Gate 3 Adamantine Forge. This forge is an ancient place where some of the most powerful weapons and armor are made, but the process of getting there is far from simple.
The Adamantine Forge is tied to a quest of the same name, so you can expect a few battles and puzzles along the way. Luckily, you’ll have your companions by your side to help you get to your destination.
Finding this forge also progresses the game’s story, so let’s go ahead and try to get to the Baldur’s Gate 3 Adamantine Forge.
Where is the Adamantine Forge in Baldur’s Gate 3?
To get to the Adamantine Forge, you’ll need to travel deep within the Underdark and reach Grymforge. The Underdark is a large subterranean area that has multiple entrances.
Here are the four currently known entry points into the Underdark.
- The Whispering Depths
- Zhentarim Hideout
- Riverside Teahouse
- The Defiled Temple
Keep in mind that accessing these entryways for the first time usually requires you to go through some battles and obstacles.
Getting to the Adamantine Forge
After entering the underground area, you will still need to trek through the Underdark and take a boat to Grymforge before getting into the Adamantine Forge. Follow these steps to arrive at your destination.
- Make your way to the Underdark – Beach waypoint north of the Arcane Tower.
- Look for a nearby dock and take the boat there to an area called Grymforge.
- Head to the area south of the Grymforge waypoint until you start seeing lava. You’ll know you’re in the right spot when you see a bunch of gnomes trying to help a person named Nere out of a cave-in.
- Find the fallen statue of Shar, then try to get at least one of your party members onto an upper level of the rock platform to reach the Adamantine Forge waypoint.
- Fast travel to this waypoint then start heading southeast.
- Keep going until you reach a set of steps. Go down these steps and you’ll arrive at the Adamantine forge.
One of the tougher boss battles in Baldur’s Gate 3 lies within the Adamantine Forge, so make sure you are thoroughly prepared.
And that’s it for our guide on the Adamantine Forge’s location in Baldur’s Gate 3. To better prepare yourself for this quest, try taking a look at our guides on how to dual-wield and how to heal in the Dungeons and Dragons game from Larian Studios.