The Genshin Impact black screen issue has become a huge ache for some players now stuck on a blank screen while trying to play. But how do you resolve the issue?
After surging to popularity, Genshin still sees gameplay distrupted by a variety of bugs, errors, and issues. In this case, a blank screen when trying to launch. Of course, this error might not even be a problem if Genshin Impact won't launch.
How can I fix Genshin Impact black screen?
One of the most common causes for the Genshin Impact black screen issue is a problem with your GPU. Check to make sure that your GPU meets the minimum requirements for the game.
You'll also want to make sure your drivers are fully up to date. Assuming your system meets the minimum requirements, and your hardware isn't faulty, try switching to another window (Alt + Tab) and then return to the game. You also need to make sure that you've installed any Windows updates.
There is also the possibility that the game is being blocked by your antivirus. Make sure you have approved the game in Window Defender, or that it is whitelisted on your antivirus software.
Also, it could be a permission issue, so try running the game as an administrator:
- Go to your installation path, then navigate to Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game
- Right-click GenshinImpact.exe and select Properties
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab. Under Settings, tick the box to Disable fullscreen optimizations.
- Also under Settings, tick the box to Run this program as an administrator.
- Click OK to save these changes.
And finally, you can consider changing the in-game resolution:
- Launch Genshin Impact press Esc. during gameplay, and click the gear icon.
- Select Graphics from the menu, and change the settings on Display Mode to 1280x720 Windowed
Hopefully, at least one of these will resolve your problems with the black screen. But if not you can follow the instructions to report a bug here, and eventually the developers might resolve the issue once and for all.
What causes the Genshin Impact Black Screen?
Most commonly, this seems to be an issue when people are trying to launch the game. Sometimes they can hear the game, but the screen is black, and they can't do anything.
Occasionally, it also seems to crop up mid-game, which can be very frustrating if you are at a critical juncture.
Now you've resolved this black screen issue, make sure to check out Genshin Impact Android controller support to boost your mobile experience.