Players of Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel have been enjoying this new version of the classic game. But PC users have had an unexpected challenge, as they are being hit by a somewhat irritating Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel Crashing on PC error.
This leads to several different outcomes, primarily a combination of sadness, anger and misplaced rage amongst players. So rather than being faced with this unfortunate outcome, why not read for a few minutes, to get the answers you need? Here's what you need to know about the PC crashing error, and how to fix it.
How To Fix Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel Crashing on PC
There are a wide range of potential causes of the Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel Crashing on PC error. Which means there are a wide range of solutions to go with it. It's hard to diagnose the underlying issue straight off. We'd suggest working through these until you find a remedy that works for you.
Top Tips To Fix The Crashing Error
- Start by ensuring your system meets the minimum requirements for the game. If your computer doesn't meet these requirements, then the game is always going to struggle to run effectively. No amount of troubleshooting is going to give you a smooth experience.
- Next, check for any updates, both for your game and your operating system. You can also check to see whether your graphics cards need any updates. If you use AMD, go here, for Intel, go here, and for NVIDIA, go here.
- Make sure that Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel is on your authorised list on your Antivirus and Firewall software, as these could inadvertantly be blocking the game.
- You may also wish to consider giving the game administrator privileges. To do this:
- Right-click on the Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel.exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Check the box that says Run this program as an administrator
- Press OK, then Apply to save the changes.
- If you have lots of tasks running in the background, close as many of them as you can, to minimise competition for resources.
- You can also give the game High Priority status. This means more of your computer's power will be allocated to the game when it's running. To do this:
- Right-click on the Start Menu and select Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Right-click on the Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel game task.
- Select Set Priority to High.
- Close Task Manager.
- If you are still struggling, it's worth verifying the integrity of the game files on Steam. This will scan the files and repair that are broken or corrupted.
- Restart your computer and launch Steam
- Next, you can either right click the game in your Library, or click the gear icon from the game's Library page on the far right
- From the drop down menu, select Properties...
- Select the Local Files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button
What To Do If Nothing Works
If you've reached this point and are still experiencing issues with crashes, it's probably time to contact Konami for additional help. You can find the official Twitter account @YGOMasterDuel or go to the Konami support pages.
What Is The Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel Crashing Error?
The Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel Crashing on PC error happens most frequently when players are attempting to launch the game. But it is also happening relatively often during gameplay as well. So even if you manage to get a game up and running, there is no guarantee that your problems are behind you.
As you can see from the long list of possible remedies, there are several potential factors that could be causing the game to crash on your PC. And unfortunately, it is very hard to know definitively what the reason is in each individual case.
So work through the solutions we've suggested, and it shouldn't be too long before you are back into the game, with a significantly reduced chance of further crashes.