If you are running into the Xbox Discord transfer didn't work issue, we can help!
As you are aware, Discord now works natively with Xbox consoles. However, the Discord integration isn't perfect, and some users are encountering issues such as Discord not connecting to Xbox while trying to use Discord on Xbox.
Some users who have successfully connected Discord to Xbox are having issues with voice chat transfer. If you are one of them, here is how to fix the Xbox Discord transfer didn't work issue.
How to fix the Xbox Discord transfer didn't work issue
Players who are running into the transfer error are greeted with a message that says:
Transfer didn’t work. Your console needs an update before it can connect to Discord.
Thankfully, the fix is mentioned in the error message itself. An outdated console software seems to be the issue here.
To fix the Xbox Discord transfer didn't work issue, make sure your Xbox console is updated to the latest version. Also, if you are on mobile, make sure you’re on the latest version of the mobile Discord app.
It is worth noting that you must adjust your privacy settings on Xbox to allow the transfer of Discord voice chat to the console.
To do that, go to Profile & system > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox privacy > View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer and make sure You can join cross-network play is set to Allow, and You can communicate outside of Xbox with voice & text is set to Everybody.
- Read more: How to share a Discord profile link
How to transfer Discord call to Xbox
In case you aren't aware, an easier way to access the Voice channels in your Discord servers on Xbox is rolling out which enables you to join Discord voice chat directly from your Xbox. That means you no longer need the mobile app to transfer voice from Discord to your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One console.
That said, if you haven't got that feature yet, you can follow the method below to transfer Discord calls to your Xbox console.
From the Discord mobile app
- Open the server with the desired voice channel and join the channel.
- Select Try voice chat on console!
- Select Transfer to Xbox.
- Select your console and then select Transfer audio.
Once the audio is transferred to the console, you can close the Discord and Xbox apps on your mobile device and the Discord voice channel will remain running on your console.
From the Discord desktop or browser app
- Open the server and join the voice channel.
- Right-click the voice channel and select Transfer Voice to Xbox.
- Scan the code with a mobile device.
- On the “Transfer Discord audio” screen, the default console will be listed. Select Change to switch to another console, or select Transfer audio to initiate the transfer to your console.
- On your Xbox console, you’ll receive a pop-up notification about the transfer.
If you have done everything right, the Xbox Discord transfer didn't work issue should be fixed and you might already be chatting with your Discord community. In case the error persists, we recommend you reach out to Discord support.