If you're a fan of Xbox games, then it stands to reason you may want to experience the delights of those games even when you're out and about. Enter Xbox Cloud Gaming, the service that allows you to play over 100 titles on your mobile phone. But what if you're having the Xbox Cloud Gaming no sound error?
In many cases, audio is a key part of the gaming experience, whether that's music to create atmosphere, voice-acting, or sound cues to tell you where an enemy may be approaching from.
So what should you do if you're having the Xbox Cloud Gaming no sound issue? Read our guide below to find out everything you need to know and more.
How To Fix xCloud Sound Errors On PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, And Android
There are a few steps worth considering when you are using xCloud on your mobile device, and experiencing sound issues:
- Close all other tabs in your browser or restart your browser and use only one tab for cloud gaming.
- Close other apps or programs that are running on your device then try again.
- Restart your device.
- Clear your browsing history before attempting to play a game.
- Make sure your Internet connection is working properly.
- Check for updates on your mobile device. Some iOS users are suggesting that this problem only appeared after they updated to iOS 15. If this happened to you, then trying to update your device as soon as an update becomes available, may help.
- While this may seem obvious, make sure the volume on the game is actually turned up, and that you haven't put the phone on mute.
- One final possibility: if you are using a controller that is connected via Bluetooth to your device, connecting your audio devices via the controller may not work. In this instance, the best thing to try is connecting your headset directly to your device.
Hopefully, working your way through this list will enable you to restore sound to your Xbox Cloud Gaming on your mobile. But if you've tried all this and you're still struggling, it's probably time to contact Microsoft for additional help.
Read More: What resolution is Xbox Cloud Gaming?
What Is Xbox Cloud Gaming?
As we mentioned at the start, Xbox Cloud Gaming (the artist formerly known as xCloud) is a service that Microsoft offers to subscribers of Game Pass Ultimate. The service allows gamers to play over 100 Xbox titles via cloud streaming, on mobile devices, tablets, and PC, as well as using the service on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
According to Microsoft, this service is still currently in a Beta testing period, so it is perhaps to be expected that there will be a few issues at this point. They have already acknowledged there are issues with long wait times for players, suggesting that there is currently an issue with capacity. If this is putting strain on the servers, this could potentially lead to packet loss, freezing, or even audio issues.
We can only hope that Microsoft will move quickly to resolve them as soon as possible. In the meantime, our suggestions will hopefully go some way to helping.