Do you need some help understanding the various Warhammer 40K: Darktide classes? When creating your reject, you'll have the option of one of four different archetypes, each of which has its own strengths. In turn, each of these will suit a different playing style.
But which one is going to be right for you? That's the problem we intend to help you unravel. If you need an explanation, we’re here to help.
Sit back, as we explain the differences between the four classes available in Warhammer 40K: Darktide.
Warhammer 40k Darktide classes explained
Warhammer 40K: Darkside is almost here. And as you may expect form a Warhammer game, there are a variety of classes for you to choose from. Four, specifically - Psyker, Sharpshooter, Ogryn and Zealot. Without further ado, let's explain what we know about them.
- Read More: Best settings for MW2 on Xbox Series X
Zealots fight in the thick of combat, using weapons such as thunder hammers, chain axes and power mauls. they start with a Combat Axe and Autopistol in their loadout.
This is a great class for anyone who enjoys melee combat, as it is built for aggression. One perk of the Preacher is that as your health runs low, you will deal more damage with each attack.
The key features, according to Fatshark, are as follows:
- Key features: Health Management, High Damage Melee Attacks, Good vs Armor
- Starting Loadout: Melee: Combat Axe. Ranged: Autopistol
- Tactical Action: Stumm grenade
- Passive: Melee damage is increased based on missing health, resists death on taking lethal damage, increased melee attack speed
- Class Ability: The Preacher dashes forward, locking their target in melee.
- Coherency bonus: Decreases toughness damage taken
The Sharpshooter is a battle-hardened soldier, specialising in ranged combat, focused on taking out high-priority targets. If you prefer to stay on the edges, picking off ebnemies from a distance, this may be the class for you.
Perks these soldiers enjoy include the ability to identify elite and special enemies in a crowd or from distance, enabling them to target the most high-value opponents. They can also slow down their movement in exchange for increased weak spot damage, accuracy and handling of their weapons.
Finally, they can make use of a frag grenade to destroy a large horde of enemies, or remove them from dug-in positions.
The key features of the Sharpshooter are as follows:
- Key features: ranged combat, headshots, good vs Elites & Specials
- Starting loadout: Melee – Standard-issue Munitorum Sapper Shovel, Ranged – Kantrael Mk VII Lasgun
- Tactical Action: Frag Grenade
- Passive: increased weak spot damage, increased ammo capacity
- Class Ability: the Sharpshooter slows down their movement to take careful aim, increasing weak spot damage as well as accuracy and handling
- Coherency bonus: increased chance of not using any ammo
The Skullbraker is slow, but tough, and is perhaps best regarded as a blunt instrument. Large, and immensely strong, they are great at soaking up damage and being in the thick of melee combat.
It makes them highly effective at fighting bosses while allowing the rest of your team to get on with the task at hand, and reducing the chances of them being attacked.
The full facts are as follows:
- Key features: Good vs. hordes, effective stagger/suppression, melee combat focus
- Starting Loadout: Melee: Club. Ranged: Thumper Shotgun
- Tactical Action: Box of Grenades
- Passive: Increased melee heavy attack damage, increased toughness from melee kills, tough skin - greatly reduces toughness damage taken. Also reduces damage taken, increased revive and assist speed
- Class Ability: Bull Rush - The Ogryn charges forward and knocks enemies back. After Bull Rush, the Ogryn has increased movement and attack speed for a limited time.
- Coherency bonus: Increased melee damage
Last, but by no means least, is the Psyker. We don't yet have full details for the Psyker, as we do for the other classes. But there are a few things that we can speculate on.
As you'd probably guessed already, the Psyker is your Mage-type magic wielding wizardy class. Typically, this class will offer large area-of-effect attacks, which will be particularly effective in dealing with hordes of enemies.
We will endeavour to further update this as soon as Fatshark provide us with more information. But if you're usually a player who leans towards magic-wielders, then the Psyker may well be the class for you.
Darktide is the new co-op action shooter game, in which you and your team need to take back the city of Tertium from hordes of enemies. It is scheduled for release on November 30th, 2022.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming page.