Are you stuck on the VRChat loading screen or VRChat is not loading at all for you? We have some solutions for you!
VRChat is an online virtual world platform that is widely regarded as one of the best. It has been available for many years now and still remains popular. But in recent months (after an update), there have been more and more reports of VRChat crashing or not loading at all.
If you are having loading issues with VRChat, here are some things that you can do to resolve them.
How to fix VRChat not loading at all on PC
So you launch VRChat and nothing happens? You are just there staring at an infinite loading screen instead of having infinite fun in the game. It is frustrating, it is annoying, and it is a huge waste of your time. But don’t worry, we have some fixes that might help you out.
Assuming that your PC is powerful enough to run the app, follow the troubleshooting steps to fix VRChat crashing not loading issue.
- It is possible that the Windows Defender Firewall or your antivirus is preventing your game from loading properly for some reason. So, whitelist VRChat.exe in your antivirus program and any firewalls you might have running. Or simply disable the security software while you are running VRChat.
- Another reason VRChat is not loading at all is that the game files are corrupted. Open Steam and verify the integrity of game files for VRChat.
- Outdated software and drivers can also cause VRChat to not load properly. So, make sure you are running the latest version of Windows, and that your GPU drivers are up to date.
After doing all the above-mentioned steps, launch VRChat and see if the issue is fixed. If the problem persists, your last resort is to uninstall and reinstall VRChat. In case that doesn't solve the issue, we recommend you reach out to the support team at VRChat.
How to fix VRChat not loading on Oculus Quest 2
If you are experiencing any issues with VRChat on your Oculus/Meta Quest 2, the support team recommends you uninstall and reinstall the VRChat application to fix the issue. However, we have some additional fixes for you to try before you uninstall the app.
- Make sure you are running the latest Quest software as well as the latest version of VRChat.
- Try restarting your headset, which has worked for some users.
- A last-ditch effort to resolve the VRChat not loading at all issue, if the uninstall thing didn't work, is to factory reset your headset.
In case none of the solutions work, send the support team at VRChat a ticket. Make sure you are as detailed as you can. Describe your issue, including what you were doing at the time, what you were attempting to do, and what happened instead.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming page.