If you are looking to fix V Rising server error, then you are at the right place.
The V Rising server error is one of the most common errors players experience along with the V Rising clan is full error and connection timed out error. Here, changing the V Rising server settings will not solve the problem. Don't panic, though!
Fortunately, there are some troubleshooting tips you can try to fix V Rising server error. Let's get started!
How To Fix V Rising Server Error
The V Rising server error can be caused by a lot of things. Server outages, bad internet connection, firewalls, and even your device's settings can be the reason for the error.
As has been noted, when the V Rising server error occurs, players get the following error message: "V Rising can’t connect to servers" or "Server offline."
In that situation, you can try the following steps to fix V Rising server error:
Check server status
The first thing you should do is to check if the V Rising servers are up and running. Unfortunately, V Rising doesn't have a dedicated server status page. However, they update everything about server maintenance and outages on their Twitter account.
Presently, V Rising has set the player cap at one time on the official servers to 40 players. So, if the server you are trying to connect to is full, you will get a server error. In that case, you can connect to a server in a different region or create a private server and invite your friends.
Check your connection
If the servers are running as they should be, check if your connection is fast and stable. Close programs that you aren't using, to ensure as little traffic on the network as possible. Disconnect other devices from your router.
You can also try restarting your router as it's a common fix for many connectivity issues. If possible, switch to a wired connection to improve stability.
Add the game to the safe list
It is possible that the firewall is blocking the game from connecting to the Internet. In that case, you can add the game to the safe list of your firewall. To do that:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.
- Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings, and then under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions.
- Select Add an exclusion, and browse and select the .exe file of the V Rising game.
If you are using any third-party anti-virus, you might also need to add the game to the safe list of the anti-virus software or just disable the software while you are running the game.
- Read More: How To Fix V Rising Lag And Stuttering
V Rising Dedicated Server Not Showing Up
As you might be aware, V Rising allows you to set up dedicated servers and invite your friends to play with you. Oftentimes, when you start up a server, it will not show up in the list of servers.
- First, make sure that Port-Forwarding is set up on your and your friend's router.
- If your server doesn't show up for your friend, they can join via the "Direct Connect" option. Just share your IP address with him. If you don't know your IP address, just go to What Is My IP Address.
- If the server doesn't show up for you, you can also join via the "Direct Connect" option. Type in "127.0.0.1" and hit Connect.
If none of the above solutions works for you, it's likely that something went wrong when you created the dedicated server. In that case, you need to start over from scratch. This time, follow the instructions precisely and you will be fine.