Sometimes, all you need is to turn off Splitgate voice chat to make everyone stop talking, and let you get on with causing mayhem and chaos without being disturbed by inane chat, or shouting, or jokes about blancmange. If you are longing for the ability to make everyone stop talking without saying something offensive to them, then we can help.
Here is our guide to switching off voice chat on Splitgate, and also how to mute yourself. You know, just in case you're the really annoying person in the chat. Or you don't want everyone to listen to you arguing about taking out the bins.
How To Turn Off Voice Chat In Splitgate
All joking aside, turning off voice chat can be important. For some players, online interactions can quickly escalate into overtly hostile and deeply unpleasant attacks. Which isn't really why most people go online to play a game. In other cases, enjoyment comes from experiencing the game itself, rather than interacting with others via chat.
Regardless of your reasons, turning off voice chat in Splitgate is nice and easy. here's how you do it:
- Enter the party lobby on Splitgate.
- Go to the Menu and select Settings.
- Select the Audio tab and scroll to the bottom.
- Uncheck the Proximity Chat Enabled box. This will stop opponents from being able to speak to you.
- You can also turn the VOIP Volume down to zero, to effectively mute any speech.
How To Mute Yourself
If you want to mute yourself, the process is equally simple:
- Follow the same steps outlined above to get to the Audio tab.
- Uncheck Open Mic (Team Only).
This will then switch to 'Push to Talk' mode. This means that you need to press a button if you want anyone to hear what you are saying. The Default button is 'T', but you can configure this by going to the Keybinds tab in your settings menu.
Once you've done all this, you can sit back, relax, and not have to worry about chat interfering with your Splitgate experience.