If you are struggling to redeem Beat Saber on Oculus Quest 2, we can help!
Beat Saber, one of the best oculus games, is included with every Meta Quest 2 purchase from any retailer until 12/31/2022. The VR rhythm game is sold for $30 in the Meta Quest Store, so getting a free copy is a great deal.
However, many people are having trouble redeeming their free copy of Beat Saber. So, in this guide, we will explain how to redeem Beat Saber on Oculus Quest 2.
How to redeem Beat Saber on Oculus Quest 2
Those who purchased a new Meta Quest 2 device (128GB or 256GB) between August 1, 2022, 12:01 AM PST – December 31, 2022, 11:59 PM PST are eligible to download Beat Saber for free.
To redeem Beat Saber on Oculus Quest 2, your new VR headset must be first activated on or before 11:59 PM PST January 31, 2023, through an account without Beat Saber entitlement previously enabled on such account.
Here is how to redeem Beat Saber on Oculus Quest 2:
- To begin, set up your Oculus Quest 2 headset.
- If you're new to Meta Quest, a Meta account is required to use your device, apps and the app store. You’ll be asked to create a Meta account on the first screen of the device setup process in the Oculus mobile app.
- You will receive an email, an in-VR alert in your Notifications and a notification on the Oculus mobile app that Beat Saber was included in your purchase and is available for download.
- In the email, click Redeem. In-VR and on the Oculus mobile app, select the notification.
- You will be redirected here to download your copy of Beat Saber.
- Click or select Get.
Keep in mind that the Beat Saber must be redeemed within 14 days of activation. Once redeemed, Beat Saber will remain available for download indefinitely.
Redeem Beat Saber unable to load
Some Quest 2 owners reported that the link to redeem Beat Saber is not working for them and they keep getting an error message that reads reads “Unable to load. Please try again later”
One of the Meta community managers suggests that the error message you're getting may be because Beat Saber has already been redeemed. If that's not the case, here are some things you can try to fix the unable to load error:
- On your Quest 2 headset, open the menu and check the notifications (bell icon). If the notification to redeem Beat Saber is there, tap on it and see if it works.
- Look for Beat Saber in your Apps library (by filtering for "Not Installed" in the upper right dropdown), or search for it in the Store. Click to open its page, then look at the button that normally displays the purchase price. If it says "Get" or "Download" rather than a price, click on it.
Hopefully, one of our suggestions will work for you and you will be able to redeem your free copy of Beat Saber without any issues. If not, we recommend you reach out to Meta via the support website.
Now that you know how to redeem Beat Saber on Oculus Quest 2, take a look at how to mod Beat Saber to make the game more interesting and fun.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming page.