Rainbow Six siege fans have been encountering Error Code 0-0x00100608 when trying to access this game. As well as having an eye-watering number of zeros, it's a code hat has been causing a lot of frustration for players, who find themselves unable to play at all.
We've taken a look at the issue, and have some suggestions that might help you to overcome this problem, should you be suffering from it. With our help, hopefully it won't take long before you are joining your team-mates in a quest for victory.
How To Fix 0-0x00100608 'Content Not Available' Issue in R6S
There are a few recommended steps to try, if you find yourself impacted by this error code:
- The first, and most effective solution to try, is to simply wait for the game to finish downloading all its updates. This is especially true if you are seeing an 'installation in progress' message. So leave the game on, and let it do its thing.
- If you've done that, and all the installations appear complete, or the installation seems to have got 'stuck', then some players have reported that restarting their console has fixed the problem.
- If you have a physical copy of the game, then in some instances, the following steps have proved effective:
- Uninstall the game
- Disconnect your console from the internet
- Reinstall the game from the disk
- Once installation has completed, reconnect to the internet and download any updates
- After the updates are done, try relaunching the game
- Another somewhat obvious tip, but worth doing, is to make sure you actually have enough storage space on your device. If you don't have enough room to complete the downloads, this could cause your error message. So check your storage, and if you need to free up some space, do so, then try again.
- If you are on PC, then you may need to make sure that the Ubisoft Connect launcher and the game both have administrator rights. To do this:
- Locate the games .exe file in its installation folder
- Right click on the games .exe file and select Properties
- Select the Compatibility tab
- Check the Run as Administrator box
- Click Apply then OK
- Repeat this process for the Ubisoft Connect launchers .exe file
- Finally, try launching the game by double clicking on the games .exe file
In most cases, these solutions should be enough to rid you of the Error Code 0-0x00100608. But if you have tried all of this, and still find yourself floundering, then it's probably time to reach out to Ubisoft Support, for additional help. You can also find them over on Twitter.
What is Rainbow Six Siege Error Code 0-0x00100608?
Players who get this error, will see the following message:
Rainbow Six Siege Error Code 0-0x00100608
This feature is currently not available. Please check back later.
According to Ubisoft Support, this error is usually caused by the game updates not being fully downloaded, as players attempt to play the game. So in most cases, patience really is the virtue that will - eventually - allow you to overcome this particular problem.