If you are hit by the PS4 error code WC-40383-8, then there are some solutions that might be helpful for you.
Unlike other common PlayStation 4 errors that we have dealt with such as PS4 error code NP-44125-6, PS4 system software error, and PS4 SSL connection error, the error code WC-40383- 8 is something that we can't normally resolve on our own.
However, there are some solutions that might help if the issue is on your end or is caused by your mistake. So, let's get started!
What is PS4 error code WC-40383-8?
You can encounter PS4 error code WC-40383-8 in a variety of situations. This error may occur, for example, while trying to play games online. The error code can also appear when renewing your subscription or while trying to get into the store.
This annoying error code is accompanied by a distressing message that reads: "This Service is currently undergoing maintenance (WC-40383-8)." While the error message gives "maintenance" as the reason, the actual cause of the error may not be that all the time.
For instance, this user got this error code because they entered their CC information incorrectly while trying to renew their subscription. It seems PS4 error code WC-40383-8 is a catch-all exception error.
Anyway, enough about the error code, now let's move on and discuss some tips that you can use to fix this error.
- Read more: How to share games from PS4 to PS5
How to fix PS4 error code WC-40383-8
Online forums and social media are flooded with players reporting issues with the error code WC-40383-8. It appears to be a widespread issue that is affecting a huge number of PS4 owners at the moment.
Luckily, there are some things you can try to fix the problem yourself. Here are some tips to fix PS4 error code WC-40383-8:
- First, visit the PSN service status website to see if the servers are working as they should. If they are working fine, see if the servers hosting the game you are trying to play is up and running.
- In case you are getting this error on PSN Store while purchasing, make sure your payment details are correct.
- If all the servers are working as they should, the problem might be on your end. In that case, try the following tips:
- Try changing your DNS server to Google (188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206) or Cloudflare (220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168). Or check out the best DNS servers for PS4.
- Do a speed test and if your download speed is below 3 Mbps or upload speed is below 1 Mbps, you may need to contact your ISP.
- Try restarting your network device as well as your console.
- Try changing your NAT type.
Hopefully, one of our suggestions will help you fix PS4 error code WC-40383-8. Soon, you will be able to play your favourite game or purchase the game you have been waiting for - without any issues.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming page.