Looking for tips to fix the PGA Tour 2K23 error code HB-RS 1702?
The PGA Tour 2K series has returned with its latest instalment, PGA Tour 2K23, and with it, the HB-RS 1702 error that has been plaguing the series since PGA Tour 2K21 has also made a comeback.
If you are one of the unfortunate people who have been getting the network error whenever you try to play in online mode, we have some useful tips that will help you fix the problem.
How to fix PGA Tour 2K23 error code HB-RS 1702
There is no doubt that the players aren't happy to see their worst nightmare, the HB-RS 1702 error, show up in the latest instalment. Don't worry though, because this problem is easy to fix.
As the error has occurred in previous instalments, we already have some proven methods to fix it. Follow the steps below and you can be sure that you will play PGA Tour 2K23 without any problems.
- First, check the PGA Tour 2K23 server status. Xbox users can go here and PlayStation users can visit this page. If you are on PC, visit PGA Tour 2k23‘s Twitter and 2K Support accounts to see if they have reported any ongoing server issues. If the servers are down, you need to wait until they are up and running.
- If the game servers are working as they should, your connection might be the problem. Try the following tips to improve your connection to the game servers.
- Try disabling your antivirus and firewall and see if it makes any difference. Sometimes the security software could deny your game client connection to the Internet.
- Shut down other programs that access the internet to reduce traffic in the network.
- Restart your modem or router to make sure your network device hasn't become flooded with data.
- Release and renew your IP and flush your DNS to resolve any network conflicts.
- Try changing your DNS server to Google’s (18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124) or Cloudflare (126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52).
- If possible, switch to a wired connection as it offers more stability.
- Since it is a new game, it is likely that the sheer number of players trying to access the servers simultaneously is causing the issue. If that's the case, you can try to connect during non-peak hours or use VPN to connect to a different server.
Hopefully, one of the suggestions above will help you to resolve your problem. If not, you may want to contact the support team. They will be able to help you to fix the issue. But, in most cases, our fixes will do the trick.
What is PGA Tour 2K23 error code HB-RS 1702?
The error code HB-RS 1702 has been plaguing the series since PGA Tour 2K21. The error happens when you try to play in online mode and it is accompanied by a message that looks like this.
An unknown network error has occurred. Please try again later.
Error Code: HB-RS 
The HB-RS 1702 is basically a network error caused by a number of things such as server outage, server overload, a problem with your internet connection and firewall/anti-virus blocking the connection.
It PGA Tour 2K23 error code HB-RS 1702 is not a bug in the game code that should fixed be by the devs, rather it is a network error which will get resolved on its own once the connection between the game client and the game servers is restored.