If the latest Overwatch 2 update is not downloading for you, we've got a step-by-step guide that will fix the problem.
It's been almost a month since the latest title in the critically acclaimed Overwatch series was released. Despite issues such as the login error and the authentication not working error, it was received positively by both fans and critics.
However, it seems like the game has hit a snag recently. Many players have reported that they can't download the latest update. Fortunately, we've found some possible solutions to fix this issue. So, let's dive into it!
How to fix the Overwatch 2 update not downloading issue
The newest patch for the hugely popular team shooter was released recently, but for some users, the update doesn't seem to be working.
While some people are reporting that they cannot download the update at all on their devices, others are saying that the update is stuck at a particular point, and they can't go any further.
Thankfully, Blizzard has provided some solutions to the problem, which are detailed in this article. If you are experiencing the Overwatch 2 update not downloading issue, here are a few things that you can try in order to resolve this problem.
Basic troubleshooting tips
- First, make sure the Overwatch 2 servers are up and running.
- If the game servers are working as they should, the problem is most likely to be on your end. Start by, optimizing your internet connection to improve its speed and stability.
- Try deleting the Battle.net Tools folder to automatically rebuild outdated or corrupt files.
- Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues.
- Make sure Windows Secondary Logon is enabled, which Blizzard Agent requires to run correctly.
- Run a security scan to remove any viruses or malware infections.
Some advanced troubleshooting steps to try
- Temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall software, which may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.
- Disable any proxies that may interfere with the login module.
- If the problem persists, check your network configuration to find any issues with your firewall, router, or port settings.
- As a last resort, you can uninstall and reinstall the game.
Hopefully, one of the suggestions will fix the Overwatch 2 update not downloading for you. If you have tried all the above-mentioned steps and still cannot solve the problem, then we recommend you visit the Overwatch 2 technical support forums or contact the support team at Blizzard.