Looking for ways to fix high ping in Modern Warfare 2? We've got you covered!
The COD: Modern Warfare 2 is out now and players are seeing extremely high ping rates. With a ping speed over 150ms, MW2 players are finding it hard to hit targets and even harder to keep them alive. High ping can cause packet loss and result in a serious lag in Modern Warfare 2.
So, if you're experiencing high ping in Modern Warfare 2, there are some things you can do to help improve your experience. Let's get into it!
What Is A Good MS Ping for Modern Warfare 2?
MS ping (milliseconds) shows an estimation of how long will it take for the game to register a command. The more ms you have in the game, the more lag you will be facing in the game. You can check your ping rate here.
A good ms ping for Modern Warfare 2 is around 40ms to 50ms, or even lower. Anything above 100 is considered bad. If your ping has a speed over 100ms, you will find a noticeable delay in the game.
How To Fix High Ping In Modern Warfare 2
When playing FPS games like Modern Warfare 2, ping time is really important. The higher the ping, the more time it will take for you to do anything in an online session. This means the bullets that you fire will take more time to reach the target, and as a result, you will miss your shot and possibly lose the match.
So here are some tips to reduce your ping time so you will have a much better and smooth online gaming experience in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- Connect to a server that is geographically closer to you so that the data transmission takes less time and there are fewer hops in the route.
- Place the system, if possible, within 10 to 15 feet of the wireless router to improve the signal.
- Try restarting your router.
- Disconnect other devices from the router. The more apps and programs on the go, the worse your ping can be.
- Close all the memory-intensive programs you have running in the background, whatever device you are playing on. You can also give Modern Warfare 2 High Priority on Task Manager, which will allocate more resources to the game.
- If you are using a VPN, consider switching it off, to see if connecting to a server closer to home improves performance.
- If possible, connect via Ethernet cable as wired connections offer more stability than wired ones.
Hopefully, one of the above suggestions will work for you and the high ping issue in Modern Warfare 2 will be a thing of the past. We hope you don't encounter Modern Warfare crashing or the dreaded black screen once you are back in the game.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming page.