If the Modern Warfare 2 error code Travis-Rilea is ruining the game for you, we have some tips to resolve it.
Modern Warfare 2 is a great game that offers hours of entertainment for players. However, error codes such as Diver, 0x00001337, 0x887a0005, and of course, Travis-Rilea can be a nuisance and can disrupt the player's experience.
In this article, we'll go over what the error code Travis-Rilea means, as well as some potential solutions for fixing it. Let's get right into it!
How to fix Modern Warfare 2 error code Travis-Rilea
While the error code Travis-Rilea can be frustrating for players, it's important to remember that it can be resolved with some simple troubleshooting steps. Since it is a connection error, either your internet connection or the server hosting the game could be the problem.
Whatever the cause, here are a few simple things you can do to fix the Modern Warfare 2 error code Travis-Rilea:
- First, make sure the servers are up and running by visiting the Activision Online Services page. Also, go to Downdetector to see if Steam is down. In case the servers are down, your only option is to wait until they're back up.
- If the servers are working as they should, the problem might be on your end. To fix the issue, these are the steps we recommend:
- Try restarting your device as well as the router/modem.
- Try changing your DNS server.
- Allow Modern Warfare 2 through the firewall.
- One Reddit user suggested that making sure your controller isn’t connected while loading into the game or anytime before that might fix the issue.
Hopefully, one of our suggestions will fix the Modern Warfare 2 error code Travis-Rilea for you. If these steps do not resolve the issue, it may be necessary to reach out to Activision or the game's support team for further assistance.
What is Modern Warfare 2 error code Travis-Rilea?
Modern Warfare 2 error code Travis-Rilea is a connection error just like Puget-Altus and Detrick-Guernsey. The error pops when the player attempts to launch the game and it is accompanied by a message that reads:
Timed out while signing in to online platform [Reason: TRAVIS-RILEA]
Error code Travis-Rilea is caused when the game fails to connect to the server. This may be because of a bad internet connection, or the server being down or overloaded with traffic. Some Reddit users claim that Steam being down is the reason, but we don't know for sure.
Whatever the reason, the suggestions we outlined here should fix the Modern Warfare 2 error code Travis-Rilea. Happy gaming!
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming page.