If you've been hit by error code -9 when opening Minecraft, seeing the message 'There is an error with your account. You will be unable to use the marketplace until we have solved this issue', we've got the answers you seek right here!
Even if you're playing on a great gaming laptop or running the 8K version of Minecraft, there's still a chance that something will go wrong and you'll see error -9 preventing you from playing Minecraft
READ MORE:The cheapest places to buy Minecraft
To find out how to fix Minecraft error code -9, keep reading...
What is the Minecraft error code -9 issue?
While it is often hard to pin down the main cause of a Minecraft error, it appears that the error code -9 issue stems from a problem with your internet connection. Thankfully, there are some workarounds you can try to resolve this error.
How to fix Minecraft error code -9
Mojang has responded to error tickets on their official website surrounding error code -9. Here, they outline some steps you can take to solve the issue.
- Check your internet connection: fully close the Minecraft app, confirm that you are connected to the internet, and then re-launch Minecraft. (Since version 1.14.20, "Account Error -9" displays whenever you launch Minecraft while offline. The "account error" displays even on Minecraft installs that have never logged in to any account.)
- Check that the operating system on your device is updated.
- On PS4, do not use Remote Play. (Account Error -9" reportedly occurs when using Remote Play on PS4.)
- Sign out of your Microsoft/XBoxLive account on every device other than the one you are using to connect to Minecraft.
- Reset the password on your Microsoft/XboxLive account.
- Disable automatic updates for resource packs in the Minecraft Settings>Profile screen.
READ MORE: How to fix low FPS in Minecraft