If you've recently been hit by Minecraft Error Code Terracotta, you might find yourself wondering what it is, and why it isn't allowing you to play Minecraft. You might have said to yourself something like, "what is Minecraft Error Code Terracotta, and why is it not allowing me to play Minecraft?". If you did, you've asked a good question, expressed coherently.
And it's that very question which we intend to help you answer today. We'll tell you what we know about Minecraft Error Code Terracotta, and what you might be able to do to fix it. So without further ado, let's get down to business.
How To Fix Minecraft 'Failed To Login' Error
If you have received Minecraft Error Code Terracotta alongside a failure to login, here's what we suggest:
- Players on the Pocket Edition of Minecraft have reported that signing in to the Xbox app, and signing in with the same credentials as you are using on Minecraft, seems to work. In some instances, users have said that if this doesn't work immediately, repeatedly clicking sign-in seems to force it to work.
If you aren't on the Pocket Edition, try the following:
- Sign out of all Minecraft accounts, including the attached Microsoft account, and close any open Minecraft applciation. Then restart the game, and sign back in.
- Make sure you are using the correct account credentials.
- Install the Xbox app if available.
- Make sure that Minecraft is fully updated to the latest version of the game.
- This may be a temporary issue, so it can be worth waiting for an hour or so, before trying again.
- If all else fails, consider uninstalling, then reinstalling Minecraft. This will delete any local saves, so make sure you back up anything you wish to keep!
Read More: How to fix the OpenGL error in Minecraft
What is Minecraft Error Code Terracotta?
Minecraft Error Code Terracotta is a slightly mysterious foe. The official Minecraft help page doesn't make any mention of it as a known error, so we don't have an immense amount of detail about what it is. We do know that it is linked to issues with logging in to player accounts. It's usually accompanied by the message:
We could not sign you into your Microsoft Account. Access to Realms, Profiles and your Marketplace items will be limited. Please try again later.
Error Code: Terracotta
Whatever the specifics of the error, the net effect remains the same. It prevents players from logging into their accounts. Some users report that when they get this error, they get another error code such as Glowstone or Crossbow. Both of these are linked to sign-in errors, which suggests they may all be part of the same family of errors.
So try the solutions we've outlined above. If those don't work, try the solutions we mentioned in our Glowstone and Crossbow error articles. And hopefully, without too much trouble, you'll be back in your Realm, using Terracotta to build with, rather than be thwarted by.