If you're wondering which game platforms Marvel's Midnight Suns will be available on, then you've come to the right place. With so many consoles out, you may be worried that Firaxis’ new game will miss some.
If you’re worried, calm down. We’ll explain each and every game platform that the game releases on; we won’t leave you behind.
Here are the details about Marvel's Midnight Suns. We'll cover all the essential stuff, to try to make your life a tiny bit easier. You're welcome.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns game platforms
According to the Midnight Sun's FAQ page, the game is due to be released on the following platforms:
- Windows PC (via Steam or the Epic Games Store)
- Xbox Series X|S
- PlayStation 5
- Nintendo Switch
- Xbox One
- PlayStation 4
However, the release date for the game will vary slightly depending on which platform you are playing on. We'll explain more below.
Marvel's Midnight Suns release date
In terms of the release date for the game, 2K has confirmed that the game will be released on December 2, 2022. As long as you are playing on PC, PS5 or Xbox Series X|S.
For anyone with a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch, the launch of the game "will be confirmed at a later date". So it is on the way. We just don't know when.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns editions
There are a variety of editions available for the game, each of which comes with a slightly different set of goodies. Let's take a look at each of them.
- The Standard Edition costs $59.99, and comes with the base game.
- The Enhanced Edition is $69.99, and is available for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. It offers a "next-gen optimised" version of the game, and five premium cosmetic skins.
- The Digital+ Edition is $79.99, and is available on PC as well as PS% and Xbox Series X|S. This will offer players 11 premium cosmetic skins.
- Last, but most, is the Legendary Edition, which comes in at a hefty $99.99. This version of the game will grant players access to the Season Pass, which includes 23 premium cosmetic skins. It also offers players 4 post-launch DLC packs. These will each offer a new playable character, new enemies, new skins, and new missions.
What is Marvel’s Midnight Suns?
For anyone who is unfamiliar with the game, Marvel's Midnight Suns is an RPG which features card-based tactical gameplay. The Midnight Suns are Earth's last line of defence against a supernatural threat. You'll start off as the Hunter, and build alliances with heroes from the Marvel universe, including Wolverine, Captain Marvel and Iron Man.
As you complete missions, you can equip a range of abilities to the heroes that you take with you, which fall into one of three categories: Attack, Skill, and Heroic. You can check out a gameplay showcase below:
Attack abilities are fairly self-explanatory. Skill abilities don't deal damage, but offer benefits on the battlefield, including healing, stunning enemies to stop them attacking, or increasing the number of abilities you can use during a turn.
Heroic abilities have to be unlocked during the course of battle, and can deal significant damage. They have the potential to wipe out entire enemy squads in one fell swoop. There are also Hero Combos, which allow two heroes to work together to attack a single target.
- Read More: FIFA 23 Memory Dump Error - How To Fix The Application Encountered An Unrecoverable Error In FIFA 23
Happily, it has also been confirmed that there are no loot boxes in Midnight Suns. Players will be able to purchase Eclipse Credits, which can be used to purchase cosmetic skins in-game. But these will have no impact on gameplay or your chances of winning.
One other detail that may disappoint players is the fact that this is a single-player game, and as such, multiplayer will not be available. It's possible that a multiplayer mode might be introduced further down the line. But this is not something that has been confirmed.
Midnight Suns Character List
Finally, the following characters ahve already been confirmed for Marvels' Midnight Suns:
- The Hunter
- Captain America
- Captain Marvel
- Dr. Strange
- Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes)
- Iron Man
- Lilith, Mother of Demons
- Nico Minoru (Sister Grimm)
- Scarlet Witch
It isn't long now (for some players at least) before Midnight Suns launches. Keep checking back though, as we'll continue to update this as any further valuable information comes our way.